RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
Recent question elsewhere but i thought id post how i managed it for myself on my bike which is a 2nd gen 650 (er6n in AUstralian and other markets). I used an MT03 headlight but like most it has a H4 (3 wire plug for the main part of the headlight.

First we need to see how kawasaki wired the bike
High beam is Red with black and black with yellow stripe
Low Beam is blue with yellow and black with yellow stripe.
the city or position lights are red and common is black with yellow stripe.
In all cases the Black with yellow stripe is common/ground.
C98CBC1D-6B09-4936-9246-16240B76B6E6.jpeg

So we need to wire the high, low beam into a H4 plug
E0CA19A5-250E-4F62-BE14-56130F15F250.jpeg

We join the two black with yellow into the single common plug pin1 and then we add the blue with yellow to pin 2 and red with black to pin 3

This pictrue shows my plug and the high and low beam circuits are incorrect. If you do this on an LED bulb it will mean your high beam is always on(ask me how i know :))
1201E1EC-662E-4172-A818-2010C4EA8CDB.jpeg

The position lights can be wired through to auxiliary lights (up to 5w) if you wish but they are always on. In the picture you can see one of the position light plugs taped up with the headlight loom to keep it out of the way.

Registered
Xcellerate said:
Hello. You say hi beam is red/bk and bk/yellow but diagram shows rd/bk and bk/tan. Print is a bit fuzzy in wiring diagram. It looks like a T .I like the look of that headlight and was wondering where you acquired it. Also did you have to purchase a mounting bracket or did it come as a kit? Thanks for taking the time for posting this.馃憤

Registered
Also, did you need any type of wire end connector to fit into the plug? In the pic it looks like you just skinned the end and pushed in. Does it fit snugly? Thanks again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey mate
its definitely black/yellow for both the grounds despite what the diagram says
the headlight is a Yamaha mt03
brackets are from db designs on the custom streetfighter forums

i bought a H4 plug off eBay and it came with fresh crimp connections

Registered
Thanks for answering. I blew up your pic to get a better look and it looked like there are no connectors, just bare wire coming out near the bottom of the plug, that's why I asked. Been trying to figure out what is coming off your bar ends at a 90掳 on top of your mirrors?? Your bike looks good, nice mods. Stay safe.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for answering. I blew up your pic to get a better look and it looked like there are no connectors, just bare wire coming out near the bottom of the plug, that's why I asked. Been trying to figure out what is coming off your bar ends at a 90掳 on top of your mirrors?? Your bike looks good, nice mods. Stay safe.
Lever guards ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They have actually come in handy when I lane split and sometimes misjudge rear view mirror distances

Administrator
1 - 13 of 13 Posts