RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm meeting some friends in Townsend TN this weekend and was wondering about "have to ride" roads in the area that are off the beaten path. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm meeting some friends in Townsend TN this weekend and was wondering about "have to ride" roads in the area that are off the beaten path. Any suggestions?
We'll be there this weekend, too.

28 From the Gap to Franklin,,, Eat at Cafe Rel in Franklin, then ride 28 all the way to Highlands and look at the falls. That last section isn't too sporty due to traffic, but it's gorgeous.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oops - and to go from Townsend to the Gap, use 321 through Weirs valley, then go over the foothills Parkway..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our group started out small and word spread quickly and now we're up to about 15-18 bikes showing up. :) Its quite the mix of guys from MO, MS, OH, PA, NY, VA, SC, FL and KY.

·
Registered
263 Posts
We live in Central KY, but we'll be moving there in 2012, we bought a house and shop in Maryville this spring.

We'll keep an eye ou for the Z's there - I'll be riding mostly at night this weekend, working on the shop during the day and attending the Women's sportbike rally at night. Paige will be staying there with the rally.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Mine will be the only Z :mecry: its a group of my friends and some of their friends. My Z is black (truck bed liner on tank).

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mingus - If you're there. look for me and say howdy... We'll take you up on some night runs on the gap...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
As others said, 28 to Franklin is outstanding. The long 4-lane stretch in the middle is actually kind of nice to break up the sweet twisties that demand total concentration for miles at a time.

The Cherohala Skyway is nice, not technical at all but watch your speed as they do hand out tickets.

64 east of Franklin is decent as long as there's little or no traffic.

Have fun and ride safe! :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mingus,

I'm jealous! You're from Sarasota? I'm from Bradenton...probably seen you around..

Good luck up there man!
HAHA!! I graduated High School in New Port Richey myself!

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Get a map, pick a road. There are more curvy roads than straight ones in the area.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll be around too. Fiddy races this Fri evening at the deals gap store. Starts at 8pm-ish. Good times.
Used2bfast?? Jeff?
Didn't know you were on here. lol
I will be there too.
mingus76, I have a Z as well. but unfortunately I will be riding my brothers bandit.:sadpace:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Used2bfast?? Jeff?
Didn't know you were on here. lol
I will be there too.
mingus76, I have a Z as well. but unfortunately I will be riding my brothers bandit.:sadpace:
Yeah man. I used to have a 650r and hung out here a fair amt, as well as still knowing some guys here too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We didn't make it Fri nite, most of the group were uncomfortable riding the dragon at nite. :( We did have a great weekend despite the rain Sat.

·
Registered
263 Posts
We had a great weekend too - made lots of passes at night Friday... you would have had company to show you through if need be.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Was there Wed-Sat. Rode the Dragon wed nite in the dry then sat morn in the rain, complete with wet leaves. Spent Thur and Fri riding other area roads. Had a great time.

So 1 other Z the entire time I was there. Red one from Ontario. Nice folks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts