RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It has been done, do a youtube search. I've never particularly wanted to on the 650, but if you do a forum search, it's been discussed before as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
yes i have. Unintentionally. I didnt want to but I was sick of waiting for the road to clear so I gassed it heavily and dumped the clutch more then normal and it stood up, I wheelied across the road in front of a semi. When i landed i blew the stock 10amp turn signal fuse. I have tried since then by clutching it but I cant get the wheel up. I know im doing something wrong but until i get a ZX6R or a ZX10R I doubt I will ever get it up at speed.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
If you mean "wheelied" a 2012 Ninja 650, I'm sure there are people that wheelied them out of the dealer parking lot, just like any other wheelie capable bike. I took a friend to the local Yamaha shop to pick up his new R6. He told me he was gonna do a wheelie out of the the lot. I thought B.S., beside the "break in" issues, I figured it would take a little "getting used to" time. I'll be damned if he didn't stand it up on the back tire and ride it that way for about a block.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I wasn't sure if he meant "wheelie" or going off road lol. I've had mine up a few times but nothing crazy, just from accelerating hard from a stop. First time I did it I couldn't believe how easy it was to control and how straight the bike went

1 - 5 of 5 Posts