1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have a set of them by a different name but looks the same, you can put the strap under the seat if you position the front strap just behind the seat hold downs. I used them for two years and they started to get to close to the tire soI got a bracket from twisted throttle to make sure they don't hit the tire. Also I had to remove the back handles, I still use them quite often, am sure that you will get other comments because I have seen picts of bikes with them on. :agree:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had a set of Firstgear ones that were pretty good. Like electjohn said, they DID sag a bit after time, i used a towel rolled at both ends and placed under the straps to support it so it didn't hit. (also didn't hit the bodywork after i did that :agree: )

All in all they worked pretty good though!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may order them. My Chase Harpers are 13 years old and falling apart. I have ugly home made aluminum saddlebag guards to keep the bags from hitting the rear tire.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I found that with soft bags you need a tri-bag system so the top bag can help hold the side bags from sagging. I also went with the GIVI soft bag support for touring before I went with the GIVI V35 hard bags.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I found that with soft bags you need a tri-bag system so the top bag can help hold the side bags from sagging.
Agreed, the problem with a tri-bag only system is they usually strap to something and have a velco over strap that is adjustable. With the Cortech tri-bag system there are clip ons on each bag (4) plus bungee straps that hook onto the frame.

There is no way these bags will go ANYWHERE. They can hold around 15lbs each side no problem and easily fit 5-7 bags of groceries when fully expanded.

I wouldn't cheap out on bags. The bike came with the tail bag and I bought the saddlebags.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fit the '06-'08 very well, although they do sag quite a bit, especially when loaded. Was originally going to make some spacers to hold them upright, but life has gotten in the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts