RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for anyone who has fitted the R&G no cut sliders on a 2008 650R with fairings.

If I missed a thread while searching please post a link.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Keep looking! I used this site to get good info and it DOES help. They are VERY, VERY simple to install. I went NEKKID, so it doesn't really matter now. Remove your plastics and it is very straight forward. Or just go NEKKID.:2cents:

:AR15firinhvyjnkr:AR15firin

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I went with the Kawasaki Frame Sliders. Hopefully will never have to test them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I put 'em on my '07. Easy, peasey install.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Put them on my 2006. Easy to install!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Has anyone ever had to use these? I've been contemplating sliders and the no cuts are appealing, but I'm worried about the strength of the brackets... I've seen slides completely fall apart during minor accidents and do nothing to lessen any damage.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Me... I wouldn't worry about it. But to answer your question, never at high speed. just a stupid gravel driveway drop.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Back in 06 when I got the bike, I put them on before I had ever ridden it. My 650R has seen the ground 3 times. the first was my third time out on the bike, grabbed too much front going REALLY slow. the other two were while I was away from the bike (once hit by a car in parking spot, the other pushed over in an alley)

The only damage sustained was when it was pushed over in the alley, it was sitting about a foot from a curb, so when it came down, the curb was right between the wheels and the slider. Damage wouldnt have ococured on flat ground.'

install is pretty simple, I've heard of people doing it without taking the fairings off, but I've found it's easier to take them off giving yourself room to work/see.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Definitely has saved my butt!!! I wish I had gotten them before my first accident. Two days after I installed the sliders I slipped trying to turn on a gravel road, and sustained only a couple minor scratches on the lower fairing. Only thing I had to replace was the slider ($25 or so).

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got them after my first drop, it's been down twice after that: once moving it during a freak snowstorm, and another on a patch of oil some cager left behind. Both times the sliders saved the bike from major damage to the plastics. I swear by the things.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've seen slides completely fall apart during minor accidents and do nothing to lessen any damage.
Assuming this is true, I have to say that's what you get when you go cheap. Sliders, bike stands, gear and tools are 4 places that you get what you pay for. On the old 650 site, there were several "after" photos of R&G sliders. Too bad that site died a long and painful death.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts