RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hate to sound like rookie at this....but I'm having a hard time starting my bike. the motor cranks, but it does no fire. and eventually when it does fire, it's only for a very brief moment then quits. Once it does fire, it runs pretty well. The past two days, I have noticed that right before it does fire, there is a puff of whitish smoke coming out of the exhaust. Then it fires right up. I had taken the tank off to check the air filter and it's okay. The fuel tank overflow/breather tube was clogged, I cleared that. I never made it to the spark plugs yet. My bike does sit outside and gets rained on. I had dumped some of the water evaporater stuff in there for the past couple of months (florida rain, every day). After the bike starts and then sits for a while (several hours to overnight) it doesn't want to start again. My bike has over 10,000 miles on it. Two Bros exhaust and PC III on it and the oil is fine. Does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I don't know what that water evaporator stuff is. I assume you put it in the tank. I would suggest draining all that gas out and putting in fresh, and then using a cover over the bike rather than a fuel additive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the route I'm heading at now. I've just been using that fuel additive recently because it just started happening.

·
Registered
87 Posts
At 10k miles you are in need of new plugs if you have not done so yet. Plus you will get to see the condition of current plugs and they can tell a lot.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
Aw weak battery can do that. It may sound like it's cranking Ok but the voltage may drop too much while cranking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts