RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how's it going. Got my zr this summer it's my first bike and I love it, put about 2500 miles on it so far. I really love café racers and I'm trying to give mine that style, really just the front end, I'm not trying to go to crazy. What size handle bars should I go with? And how difficult are clip ons to install. Also I'm in college and broke so if anyone has an easy way to do this let me know! Thanks

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
well clipons require atleast sliding the forks down the trees to get them in.....but double check your actualy getting the RIGHT size....most clipons are not of the size forks we have

as for bars..just get a cheep set of bike master "drag bars" and call it good(25-30$)

"if" you have or plan to keep the front fairing i dont think you can even use clipons with it

if you really really really want clipons...go find a local bike wrecker and see what they have....i got a set from a local wrecker for 40$..course i had to dig thru many a bin to find a matched set in the right size...only to find them not work with my fairing setup

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the s version so I don't have to worry about that, thanks for the suggestion tho I'll see if any yards around here have anything

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
if memory serves..look for some of the 80s and early 90s cbr stuff..there are even some "riser" style clipons..but i do know the older cbrs some of them had our fork size...i cant say for sure what year..im just giving you the info from the tags i was going thru on the boxes of clipons i went thru that were the right size..gsxr and busa are all too big as well as most of the bigger zukis

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I have a set of laverda bars I might be willing to part with.

Check them out here. Omar's Rearsets - Handlebars

PM me if you are interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts