RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had success with a set of hand guards with integrated turn signals and mirrors. I am trying to make up a set any input on this would be sweet.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think they use them more over seas because of crowded streets and lane splitting. I would have no use for them here in MN. Have you looked into super moto accessories? I would think that you could use anything for a 7/8 bar and put a LED strip on it for the signal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a little bit I just come from mx and like the look I think it may be something other may like as well. Also it would help with the profile of the bike and for the riders out there it would break the cold wind during season and I have taken on some pretty heavy rain that his would have been real nice for the time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought a cheap pair of handguards on ebay...basic, no mirror or signal lights and I have been extremely impresses with how well they keep the wind off my hands. This time of year in North East Canada it's usually in the 8-12 deg Celcius range as a daytime max but I am able to comfortably wear my thin summer gloves when I'm riding. I will remove them when the weather warms up next spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just ordered a set of the Powermadd hand guards as well as a set of Oxford Heaterz hand grips so I'll be able to ride in colder weather. Hopefully these will save my hands from the freezing temps here in the winter.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
yea i'd like to get some hand guards as i have really alot the past couple months and its been superduper cold cold here in NC. Curious though, after putting on the Protaper bars, i'm not sure there is enough room for them anymore as the hand controls seem crammed on as it is. So are there any that connect to the bar ends and come forward? need to check on that....

those acerbis dual road do that?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a set of brand new, but out of original packaging Acerbis handguards for sale. The Acerbis Rally Pro X-Strong model in black. I went to put them on the bike but then they dont really work with my big aftermarket windshield. Therefor I am offering them up for someone else to enjoy. The original packaging is sort of a one time use sealed plastic deal, but I will box them up nice. $75 shipped to the lower 48.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
So very tempting! But I think we are going with the vstrom handguards, cost about $50.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts