RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lead my fifth group ride this season with a decent turn out of 9 including myself. Great weather with a little overcast made it nice and cool. Brought the group over 160 miles of woods/farmland/mountain tops. At one point we saw a bunch of skydiver descending to the ground when I noticed one spiraling out of control and approaching quickly. I pointed so the rest of the group could see but everybody thought I was using a hand signal and started copying me so basically I created a new hand signal. The sky diver hit the tree tops at probably 60+ mph, we weren't close enough to see the aftermath but it didn't look good. Also, one of my guys went down around a hard left, he rides a 650 and is actually from the forum but I'll let him decide if he wants to post his story/pics, he is physically fine. The reason I bring him up is because its scary to lose a guy on a ride, this is the first time some one has gone down on one of my rides. We came out of the that turn which happened to be the last one and were cruising at about 55 in a 45 past a farm stand and after about a quarter mile I realized they weren't coming. So we pulled over and the next car told us he had gone down. We pulled a u-turn and flew back lol, we were making jokes cause the same farm stand we had cruised by with our hand on our hips probably spun around as we passed at like 95. Anyway, I'll be posting pics from that ride up in the pic section. Eventful day, thought I'd share.

·
Registered
586 Posts
did you have a sweeper, or was the sweeper the guy who ate it?

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you have a sweeper, or was the sweeper the guy who ate it?
I had a sweeper, I had road the route with him a week before the actual ride so he knew the route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.