RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Got hit by a car, now what?

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Green Rocket 
any deductible on your mc insurance? that would cover your expenses, perhaps?

lane-splitting is simutaneously a boon and a bane, isn't it? however, i NEVER split while in the carpool lane(s), even if the traffic is moving very slowly.

sometimes i waver whether to take the carpool lane; can't decide if traffic flow merits it. sometimes i can ride faster while splitting lanes 1/2 than riding in the carpool lane.

glad you and your bike are not worse off.

Sounds like you got off lightly. Could have been soo much worse.

So in states where you are allowed to lane split, can you do it between any lane? Do riders tend to use one "ghost lane" more than another? Over here its the outside lanes.
Means that cagers are more likely to look for you there.
i usually split between lanes 1 and 2 (counting from left to right). if traffic is moving especially slowly, i may between 2 and 3 as well, and very rarely between 3 and 4. again, tho, never in the carpool lane(s). i have found myself splitting at up to 50 mph, too.

splitting is akin to riding on the dividing line. i tend to lane-change "creatively" - moving into smaller-than-car spaces - rather than clinging to the white stripes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.