RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I took a different approach. I used the reflector bracket hole in the rear, and then cut a short piece of aluminum to make an offset mount for each of the front mount holes, riveted them to the original mounting bracket before bolting them down. Hopefully the front isn't too low. There is still a good amount of flex in the fender, so if a small rock (very small rock) gets in there, I'm thinking it should spit it out. In case anybody is wondering about the mudflap, it was already on there when I bought the bike, and is screwed down, so I haven't removed it because then I would have holes in my fender.

Sorry for the crappy pics. It is late and dark and I am finally getting tired.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looking good! :righton:
I'm not so thrilled about mentioned mudflap though... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looking good! :righton:
I'm not so thrilled about mentioned mudflap though... :rolleyes:
Plus 1:agree:

Mud flap is a cheap low and mean reaper.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I have a gravel 300 foot driveway so I will just have to keep things stock, but I do like the look of the lowered fenders.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hmm...looks like i will need to pick up some beer and sit out in the garage tonight.

Really like the looks of it lowered like that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I like your lift and tool set up better than the bike! I want to work on my stuff there.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
:yoda:Mmmmm... in my sig line the answer is... yessss...:yoda:
Is it the taller than stock Dunlop tire? Not a bad idea actually. Since I followed your advice on the Yokohama S Drive 195/40/17 DS, I may do the same for the front. Good show again specialk!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is it the taller than stock Dunlop tire? Not a bad idea actually. Since I followed your advice on the Yokohama S Drive 195/40/17 DS, I may do the same for the front. Good show again specialk!
Yep. I really put the 140/75 on there to counteract the wider rear tire, but "lower fender" effect is an added bonus.

·
Registered
65 Posts
so how did you lower your fender without removing it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just be careful with a lowered front fender. Not that I didn't lower mine again when I got a new one, but this was a very bad day!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts