RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine was slipping last May. I used the springs from the 1500 and the spacers from Gadgets web site. I did the install myself and it was pretty simple.

As I talked with the person who manufactures the spacers, his opinion was this set up was just as good, if not better, than using the gorilla.

The pull on the lever is reasonable and I do not notice any difficulty in stress in stop and go traffic at all.

you will need an impact wrench to do this project, but I think I got mine for under 15 dollars new.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Texas23, you from Magnolia, TX? I was just out that way yesterday out past Waller at the Thirsty Parot Bar & Grill where the San Jacinto High Rollers was putting on a benefit for the Fallen Soldiers Foundation. We also stopped at the Texas Thunder on the way.

Anyways, thanks for the tip and definitely looking into it. And the impact wrench won't be a problem w/ my 60 gallon air compressor and air tools in my cluttered man cave.
Yes,,,,the large area known as Magnolia. I have been by that bar before, I bought my son's Ninja from some people out that way.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Texas23 when you say gadgets spacers, are you talking about the washers that are $25 for the set on the gadget site? Got a 1500 spring on the way...

Yes,,,,that is what I am talking about. I called the guy direct, in Georgia, and talked to him on the phone about it. A little slow on getting me the spacers, but I was not in a large hurry anyway.

I think it took me a few hours to do the entire job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.