RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently started Vlogging and wanted to see what your opinion is on my work so far. I'm currently using a GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition, side mount, top helmet mount, handlebar mount, and mounted directly onto the bike as well. My first few videos were recording using the GoPro Hero 1 (2014 Model) and without a mic, so you might see some videos with improvements on video and audio. Constructive criticism, comments, questions, and ideas on different topics are welcomed.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I dont watch/follow too many vloggers but on the motorcycle vlogging side of the house, I enjoy jakethegardensnake and M13's videos cause they are pretty funny. Everyone enjoys a good laugh, even more so when its got bikes and riding in it.

I like how your video above is set up. I want to hear what you are talking about, and at the same time hear the bike. If I am watching a bike video, I want to hear the bike lol.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
And I thought kojiiro followed my track day vlogs :(.

What is the purpose of a vlog?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
And I thought kojiiro followed my track day vlogs :(.

What is the purpose of a vlog?
You gotta put it in your sig. Then I would know what to click to get there, and follow!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I dont watch/follow too many vloggers but on the motorcycle vlogging side of the house, I enjoy jakethegardensnake and M13's videos cause they are pretty funny. Everyone enjoys a good laugh, even more so when its got bikes and riding in it.

I like how your video above is set up. I want to hear what you are talking about, and at the same time hear the bike. If I am watching a bike video, I want to hear the bike lol.

Thanks for the tips, I'll see about keeping the camera audio volume higher for post production of the video so you can hear the fun :) Originally the hard part is trying not to record the outside noise (wind and motorcycle) which makes it difficult or impossible to hear the voice audio. Now that I got the bluetooth mic setup, I can adjust it accordingly. I will add more VROOM :) into future MotoVlogs.

And XPyron, link your channel. I've watched almost every single MotoVlog out there (the interesting ones anyways, like Kojiiro mentioned > jakethegardensnake) and I am quite hungry for more. Personally for me, watching MotoVlogs is like riding a bike..when you're too lazy to throw on the gear and weather the cold :)

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I think the best way to figure out what you want to do is make a plan, watch other great vloggers, and be spontaneous.
Go on YouTube and check out Vlogger "Mototrippin" my favorite to watch, he is a complete natural and I love watching all of his vlogs! He seems a little immature sometimes, but he is totally real and I love that his topics come off naturally and he just has a good time . His videos are long enough but not boringly long, editing is important here. He even has one video of someone shooting at him...kinda...but actually...while riding his WR250R off road!
SALTxTHExWOUND is good, or used to be (here's a link to a 650 review)! He was one of my favorite before I ever decided to buy my 650. He either plans out what he is going to talk about or is really good at spontaneity, or both. Sometimes he talks about his particular bike, sometimes it's about why he rides, what's good about riding, bad side of riding, what happened at work, general stuff that happens during the ride, the girls that just flashed him, all kinds of stuff that has a solid point or other times no point at all. He's great because he is natural, funny, and it all just kinda flows.
I say keep them short as possible, editing of course, so everyone can watch it even with limited Internet service. Cool music and graphics are good but don't get carried away.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Also forgot to mention, I like watching a lot vlogs from the chest mount so that o can see the handlebars, gauges, and windscreen so I can get the feel/experience of the ride. Conversation and bike noise is good too.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
A better view IMO is from the chin, like how I had my camera set up on some of my rides.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
How long have you been riding Panda? You know, our member Smash does a lot of riding and even has his own blog. Sometimes I look at his pics and read about his adventures and they make me daydream about being on a trip like that, long scenic, animals, scenery, food, friends, etc. I know Smash isn't the only one enjoying great motorcycle rides, but his stories, or maybe the stories his pictures tell make me envy him sometimes (don't tell him I said so...obviously). I hope to have those kind of adventures someday, but my butt is still getting used to these dammed motorcycle seats and time both limit my adventures.

Point is, I think it would be cool to do a separate stand alone documentary of traveling across the U.S. or your preferred country. Maybe make arrangements where you stay overnight at fellow bikers homes as you travel. Maybe for a month, two, maybe six months or whatever. Twisting and winding your way all over and capturing it all on film and blogs, and asking other motorcyclists to help you along your way. Maybe you could bring awareness to the country, to it's people, to the motorcycling culture in general, and just plain ol' show people what is still good. You could probably even get a little funding if you were serious and spoke to the right people. Gopro might even sponsor you!
I didn't mean to be all poetic, it was just an idea I had a while back, thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long have you been riding Panda? You know, our member Smash does a lot of riding and even has his own blog. Sometimes I look at his pics and read about his adventures and they make me daydream about being on a trip like that, long scenic, animals, scenery, food, friends, etc. I know Smash isn't the only one enjoying great motorcycle rides, but his stories, or maybe the stories his pictures tell make me envy him sometimes (don't tell him I said so...obviously). I hope to have those kind of adventures someday, but my butt is still getting used to these dammed motorcycle seats and time both limit my adventures.

Point is, I think it would be cool to do a separate stand alone documentary of traveling across the U.S. or your preferred country. Maybe make arrangements where you stay overnight at fellow bikers homes as you travel. Maybe for a month, two, maybe six months or whatever. Twisting and winding your way all over and capturing it all on film and blogs, and asking other motorcyclists to help you along your way. Maybe you could bring awareness to the country, to it's people, to the motorcycling culture in general, and just plain ol' show people what is still good. You could probably even get a little funding if you were serious and spoke to the right people. Gopro might even sponsor you!
I didn't mean to be all poetic, it was just an idea I had a while back, thought I'd mention it.
Hey, I've been riding for about 8 months now. I would love to make a motovlog just riding around the country, unfortunately between work and family, its hard to dedicate specific time just for riding, much less, riding cross country (Maybe I'll take a week vacation sometime in spring to make one). Usually riding around at night occurs me riding home, throwing on the gopro as occasionally I'll catch good footage (example: I had a Corvette pull up next to me at a red light, then gun it when it turned green. Half a second later I respond with cracking the throttle. It didn't take long for the Ninja to pass him with me waving bye. Unfortunately I didn't have the gopro at the time to record that :D ).

I have a few footage of me riding up on a Dam going over our local lake, great view, just hard to look away from the road for more than 5 seconds to make the video worth while, so I'll have to mount a cam rotated 90 degrees towards the lake one day just so I can make it usable in a vlog. But you're right, I enjoy watching the ride from other motovloggers out there and it almost doesn't matter what the topic is about.

I hope you subscribe, in progress of releasing another vlog (in the editing process). This time with more VROOOM as requested :)

Thanks for your support! I'll be plugging you and Kojiiro's name in a the next Vlog in the coming future.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Do you by chance have the remote control for your go pro? If so can you see if multi shop mode/ Continuous pic will work with the remote? I have read conflicting information and I want to buy a remote to attach near my handle bars so I can snap multi shot pics at the push of a button, near my turn signal switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts