RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Good saddlebags for 2006 650r?

6K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  RideN 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I got some Nelson Rigg CL1000 Saddlebags that were discontinued, so I got them at a great price.
They have lots of pockets, holders for stuff, etc.
The only downer is that the 2 straps that attach the bags together will not fit under the 650's seat. That means you won't be able to leave them on your bike and they will be there when you come back! Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Green Motorcycle fairing

#10 ·
I got some Nelson Rigg CL1000 Saddlebags that were discontinued, so I got them at a great price.
They have lots of pockets, holders for stuff, etc.
The only downer is that the 2 straps that attach the bags together will not fit under the 650's seat. That means you won't be able to leave them on your bike and they will be there when you come back! View attachment 52734
I have the same bags. One of the straps will fit under the seat. ;) The rear one if I remember right. I have the top bag and have been using that more since I don't really need the extra space. My only complaint with them is that they fade in the sun to a dark gray/purplish color. I guess that's to be expected though. One of the little straps broke on mine probably during a no-speed drop. I called up NR and they sent new straps in the mail no questions asked.

#5 ·
Keep an eye on http://www.motorcyclegear.com/, especially they're closeout section. These guys carry a lot of discontinued/closeout/limited number stuff and I strongly recommend them.

I'm running a set of very used cortech sport saddlebags. A friend found them in the back of his garage, dusty and dirty, and sent 'em to me as a gift.

#6 ·
The Nelson Rigg Silver Streak bags are sturdier/more rigid than the Cortechs, and seem to be of better quality.
The NR mini bags were too small, IMO.

#9 · (Edited)
I found a used set of cortech sport saddle bags on ebay for $50, so I bought them. I already had the cortech tail bag that completes the rear set up.
Worked out very well for road trip I did back in june.
Now I am searching for a larger tank bag, the little cortech bag I have now is great for short rides.
Best mod I have done with tank bag was to run power up to it, for cell phone and GPS chargers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.