RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
OH YEAH!!!

Taped it. Already watched it twice.

Great game. Man, OU has some athletes!! Twice we had plays break into the secondary and twice they caught the guy and saved the touchdown. I thought to myself, don't we have ANYBODY who can outrun these guys? Well, we do, and he's the QB. No problem, just throw him a pass.

Hope the re-match (if it comes) work out the same way. :)

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, what a game! That one's getting catalogued on video tape in my house too! Crouch is one hell of an athelete. Too bad he doesn't get the national recognition he deserves.. How many QB's in the country can outrun OU's secondary?....... (one..). I think he still holds the Nebraska state high school record in the 100 Meters. He's one that we will be remembering for a LONG time...... too bad there aren't any option teams in the NFL! :rolleyes:

Ugh.... that damn Big XII championship game is looming on the horizon again.... :yell:

·
Registered
118 Posts
jarelj said:
Ugh.... that damn Big XII championship game is looming on the horizon again.... :yell:
I know. Everybody asking if we want to play OU again. Well, I won't say yes, but if it isn't them, who is it? Texas? In Dallas? Uh, don't they still have Applewhite? Hmmm, OU a second time is looking better and better...

Of course, we have to go through a few more games, and they all scare me, especially Colorado. Truth is, if we get to the Big 12 title game I'll be happy, I don't care who represents the South.

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, it would be Texas if not OU. And Applewhite doesn't play hardly at all anymore, they're started Chris Simms instead. A LOT of Texas fans I know are really ticked off about that because Applewhite saved that team in quite a few games the last couple of years, but Simms has "Star power" because of his name so he's getting the start now. They desparately tried to hype Simms as a Heisman candidate in the early part of the season, but it just never stuck. I'd say the odds of it being NU/OU in the game are about 90%. Better get my sleep now, because there could be a lot of sleepless nights between now and then! :z :z :z

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, I know their coach has his head up his @ss and started Simms. I also know that Applewhite showed some real class by keeping quiet about it (for the most part).

Still, there's no denying he can beat Nebraska, and I don't believe there'd be any hesitation in putting him in if Simms didn't do well pretty quickly. That's what scares me.

Jeez, where are the other NU fans on this board?? C'mon, you know you want to root for the Huskers. Let it out! Don't be afraid, come join us...:smilewink

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry, I am an OU fan. Even though I live in Texas. They won my heart last year. Every one in my dealership, except me, bet against them right up until the end. They did a great job.

·
Registered
118 Posts
girlzr7 said:
Sorry, I am an OU fan.
Certainly no need to apologize. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if yours is wrong. :smilewink ;) :smilewink

FWIW, I rooted for OU in the championship game last year, and was mightily impressed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts