RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into purchasing a new pair of gloves. Any suggestions, I would like to get some that are Red/Black to match the bike and my jacket. I was looking at the Joe Rocket Phoenix on motorcycle-usa.com on sale for $39. I'm not one to spend $100 some on gloves that will wear out in a couple years just like any glove.

·
Registered
18 Posts
gloves

I have a pair of Joe Rocket Speedway gloves($140.00) and they are nice or what they are.(ie:racing gloves) but for everday riding, I use a pair of Olympia gloves. I think I paid something like $35 at the dealer and have used them 2 seasons for about 10000 miles and they really don't show any wear and are very comfortable.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I always wear a pair of inner gloves. I used cotton ones before until few days ago I got this Kombi inner gloves which are cool in summer, and warm in winter. (that's what they claimed)

I have sweaty palms. With the inner gloves, I can at least wash them. You can't wash your normal riding gloves.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
When it's warm I wear motocross gloves. They're comfortable and let plenty of air through and have a good palm cushion to help with the vibrations. I've gone hands down in the dirt without losing any skin, but the asphault may take it's toll on them pretty quick.

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well....I settled on a pair of Joe Rocket Meteor gloves off of motorcylce-superstore.com for $39. They look like they'll be well vented for florida and aren't too flashy for everyday use. I got the red/black ones to match my 01 7s.

Click for Enlarged View

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
I am definitely no expert on this, but I often can't see the logic in glove design.

Mine have some Mickey Mouse carbon bubbles over the knuckles, but I am yet to find someone who has mashed the back of their hand in a crash. It's all palms and pinkies.

What I would love to see is like a chain-mail sheath over the outside of the pinky, integrated into the glove. Very retro ( think Sir Lancelot ), and at least it would prevent your little finger getting ground down if caught under the bars.

Just a thought.

:)

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, falling over and hitting your knuckles seems sort of odd. Your first instinct, at least mine, would be to fall palm first. Maybe on the track it's different since you're so low to the ground.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i'm with you guys BUT i did find something out the last time i bought gloves. ever see one of those rubber strips along the left index finger and wonder what it ws for? it's a visor wiper! pretty neat!

scott :)

·
Silver Member
479 Posts
Hey, Stan and Mike
I'm the person, who hit the knuckles in the crash. In town, not on the racetrack. I had Alpinestars SMX-4. Knuckle protection on the right glove was teared badly. One bone in my right palm was broken, as well as left wrist. And don't think your reflexes could do something. When you go down on speed of 40 mph things happen faster then you can say "****!".
From my experience I recommend to go with this mickeymouse carbon bubbles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts