RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry probably been asked a million times , using pegs to get on with loaded luggage , I can get on without top box and with it , but with panniers not a cat in hells chance , unless I use pegs , now I can get on both sides when side stand down,
Dont want to lower bike as I can get both balls of feet down , or one on foot brake other flat footed ,
Yep 5.7, 27 inseam
So using pegs or not ? Please no tossers suggesting change bike, or the holier than tho, stating shouldn’t have the bike, my knee was replaced and limited movement in the joint.
Is there an upgrade foot peg I could have fit , or is occasional use of getting on ok ?

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Some of my wife's friends need a stump, step stool, or a boost to get on their horses. Do what you gotta do to keep on riding.

I step through on a loaded bike while holding on to the left grip.

My neighbor stands on the peg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your reply, I think I have found a happy medium, loaded up I put my leg through between tank and luggage roll on the back seat, unladen I can now manage, having come from a cruiser I now have a bike some 100mm or 4 inch higher seat, but for touring into Europe I needed a bigger bike.

once again twowheeledaddict for your input.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I cannot climb onto my Xmoto without using the pegs. I can climb onto my Versys 1000, but it is a stretch (which is probably good for me). I always use the pegs when I have the panniers installed on the Versys, because if I don't, I often hit the top of them with my boot which leaves scuffs and marks up the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts