RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a more somber note, just heard the news, George Harrison has passed on. Don't know about you folks, but I grew up with The Beatles. Listened to them on a cheep phonograph at five years old, those old Capital records with that rainbow swirl around the lable going round and round. My daughter, now seven, started listening to their cd's at five, thank's to me of course. She loves them too, who wouldn't ?

George was my favorite Beatle, the quite one. The edgy one. And, even with all that has happened this year, with all the loss and sadness, I still feel the loss with just one person. Strange how a "popular" musician can stir up emotions in a fourty year old man. I've always equated riding the motorcycle to rock and roll. When people ask what it's like to ride, I say, it's like rock and roll. They get it. Easy explanation.

We lost one of the great ones. He'll be missed, never forgotten. Maybe we'll hear the music while riding, playing along in our thoughts.

Tony.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You know, I thought it was amazing that the world could go on with just three Beatles, but now we have to do it with two? It's not like we all didn't see this coming; Harrison has been fighting cancer for years, but still, he's gone, and it's just as shocking to me as it would have been if someone had spontaneously shot him outside his apartment, too. This is crazy, and very depressing. Sad, sad, day, and days to come.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It is a sad note indeed. (No pun intended) I first saw the Beatles as a 13 year old wannebe guitar player. After I saw them on the Ed Sullivan Show in the mid 60's I nagged my dad for an electric guitar until he finally bought one for me and soon thereafter joined a local garage band and played covers of their music. Never had a better time in my life. Although they played many cover versions of original USA born rock and roll, they played it like it should have been played! We, as a country, have received many wonderful things from our mother country, but IMHO the Beatles were the best export England has ever had. B-E-A-T-L-E-S, Beatles music is the best! Long live the music and may God rest his soul.

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Yes it is a sad day, I'm 45 years old and remember watching the Bealtles on Ed Sullivan (I was 12 or 13). When Lennon was murdered outside his apartment I didn't go to work and I didn't work today either. Tom :mecry:

And on another sad note: one of Fayetteville's finest (an officer I met once) was shot and killed last night by some thug who is in custody now. Another reason for the "blue flu."

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hero

Best regards team:

TOM: Sorry to hear about that fellow officer down in the line of duty. I have a lot of respect for all the Men and Women in Law Enforcement, Military and EMS. They are real American Heroes. Also I have some co-workers who were in Vietnam and I respect and admire them a lot. My condolences to his Family. Be carefull outside when you are chasing the bad guys..!

Robert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts