RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sigh, is always a chore for me.

this morning i set to adjusting the clutch lever freeplay. sheesh, replacing the right upper fairing - the small gray piece which conceals the clutch cable mechanism - took forty minutes, as i could not very easily reach behind it with my right hand to hold the insulated nut (?) in place. i dropped it, but it did not fall to the floor, necessitating undoing the lower right fairing in order to search for the lost nut. thankfully i found it lodged behind the cylinder head, but it sure was dark in there. gawd awmighty.

i checked the chain slack, thinking it was too loose, but luckily it was well within range at its tightest point.

so i'm off to the showers then out for a cruise, as the merc is predicted to nudge into the lower 70s.

see ya!

·
Registered
291 Posts
The worst location I've found to drop hardware into (other than INTO the intake :eek::eek:), is that little nook that's in between the starter housing and the aft face of the cylinder. Even with the gas tank, airbox, and throttle bodies off, it's a royal PITA to retrieve anything!

I got a cheap extendable mini magnet pickup tool to fish whatever I dropped out of there. Comes in handy alot!

·
Registered
366 Posts
It rained here most of the day & I took advantage of it by changing oil and regular maintenance to my 07 in the dry garage.

The key is preventative preparation by placing rags, cardboard, or whatever so if you do drop a nut or bolt, this stuff will keep the nuts/bolts from dropping in those impossible to reach places. My fat short stiff jointed fingers have a tendency to drop the little boogers a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts