RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i see this is an old thread but iv only got 2 questions when doin a front end conversion on the gen 1.

1 I have 06 636 forks with axel and spacers!
I did buy armstrong wavy discs thinking they would fit my stock Z rim but sadly dont,
Im now guessing i will need the 05/06 front rim to match up? or would say the zx14 06 front rim work too?

also would the 07 636 front rim be the exact same as 06 same rotor line up? its just theres a guy down the road selling one save my travels or ebay googling...

2 i have 04 calipers will they work with the 05/06 forks? or do i need the 06?

had my zed thou a good few years now and an overhaul is over due.

Cheers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Calipers are fine but upgrading to later Nissan calipers would be a big improvement along with master cylinder I believe 05-08 rims are the same if you want to keep the 3 spoke rim 03-04 zx6 rim fit and should work with your wave rotors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Calipers are fine but upgrading to later Nissan calipers would be a big improvement along with master cylinder I believe 05-08 rims are the same if you want to keep the 3 spoke rim 03-04 zx6 rim fit and should work with your wave rotors
Hi Sagan thanks for the reply i have the master cylinder tootryn to find a front rim is like looking for hens teeth here in ireland, nice to know the 07 rim will fit thoas a lad down the road has one for sale.

The rotors off the 06 636 are a biger dimension and dont line up with the original wheel mounting holes.

I also herd the zx14 06 rim works too same part number as 636 and also a way nicer rim in my opinion.

Its the 06 forks i have just tryn to get all the stock parts to go with it rim is the last part along with fender.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts