RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need some input. Went for a ride tonight with the new to me bike. Everything seemed fine, made a short stop. Turned bike off for 10 minutes and fired it back up. After pulling the clutch in and putting it in first gear the bike is not moving. No grinding no sounds out of the ordinary just won't go into gear. Prior to stopping it felt like the Power was surging with the throttle. I would throttle up and it felt like it was lagging just a little bit in response. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Clutch fluid full? , look through the lever reservoir sight glass. Clutch issue perhaps? Try rolling the bike a bit and then shifting into first? ....hummm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch fluid full? , look through the lever reservoir sight glass. Clutch issue perhaps? Try rolling the bike a bit and then shifting into first? ....hummm
I can hear first clicking in but when I let the clutch out nothing happens at all. I'm pretty nervous

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Just to confirm since it sounds like you are new to this.

- you checked the clutch fluid level by looking in the sight glass with the bike level?
- the clutch fluid was clear to only very slightly yellow in color?
- did you check the engine oil level to make sure it is correct? The engine oil also lubes the transmission.
- you knew you were in neutral because the neutral light was on?
- You knew you shifted into first because you heard a click and the neutral light turned off?
- as you released the clutch lever there was no engagement moving you forward and the neutral light was still off?

Let's make sure you really got the bike into 1st gear. With the ignition key turned on, but without the bike running, make sure the neutral light is on and that you can roll the bike forward without pulling in the clutch lever. Shift the bike into 1st, release the clutch lever and try to roll the bike forward. If it still rolls, apply some pressure to the shift lever without touching the clutch lever. do this while rocking the bike forward and back until you feel 1st gear engage. You will know it engaged because you can no longer roll forward and back.

If you get 1st gear to engage, pull in the clutch lever and start the bike. Then slowly let out the clutch lever and see if she rolls. If so, then I'm thinking the first thing you need to do is get all the maintenance done before riding the bike anymore.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the weirdest thing. I've been riding since I was kid (dirt bikes sport bikes) so I'm fairly confident I've got this thing in gear. Green light is off but it's still rolling with the clutch out. It just feels like clutch isn't releasing. Does this thing have a hydraulic clutch? I'm wondering if it just needs to be flushed out? I sure appreciate all the input. I'll definitely not be riding until this bikes been serviced real good. I just pray this isn't a major ordeal.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
It's the weirdest thing. I've been riding since I was kid (dirt bikes sport bikes) so I'm fairly confident I've got this thing in gear. Green light is off but it's still rolling with the clutch out. It just feels like clutch isn't releasing. Does this thing have a hydraulic clutch? I'm wondering if it just needs to be flushed out? I sure appreciate all the input. I'll definitely not be riding until this bikes been serviced real good. I just pray this isn't a major ordeal.

Yes, it has a hydraulic clutch. I recommend you try all the steps I listed. It will make you better informed and provide more accurate information to the technician.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it has a hydraulic clutch. I recommend you try all the steps I listed. It will make you better informed and provide more accurate information to the technician.
Thanks man. I'll hit it step by step. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently had a issues when riding after coming to a stop my bike would barely move after towing home I cleaned out the master cylinder and flushed the line as well as replaced the pressure washers and bleed the slave in addition I also did an oil change after the bike had slow movement in first gear to none what could be the issue if all was done on the hydraulic clutch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts