RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've seen a lot on here about gas mileage and what others are getting and thought I'd share my findings on my 09' at 3500 miles.

Saturday here in colorado was amazing. Temps in the high 70's low 80's with a cool light breeze. So the lady and I wanna take the bike out for a ride.

We leave out of Littleton, a suburb of Denver and an average of 5280 ft elevation. Road 145 miles round trip to the top of Mt. Evans at 14,130 ft (you can walk higher but thats as far as the bike is allowed).

Let me tell you, this was one of the coolest rides her and I have ever done, and with 200 pictures taken I will have some to post here soon!!!

So, I filled up at the gas station just down from my house and then we left. Got done later that day and did some in town riding with her as well. Finally needing to fill up I go to the gas station and start calculating.

53.7 MPG with a payload of 290 pounds conbined weight and anywhere from flat to 15 percent grades.

Needless to say it was an awesome DAY!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2008 is consistantly yielding 65mpg as indicated on the odometer. With the known speedometer error that's just abot 60mpg real world. The low fuel light pops on at or a little over 200 miles. I use the same pump at the same station and park the same direction each time. Over the course of 5 fill ups I have seen 65mpg average with the high being 66 and the low 63. It's been very consistant. My miles are mostly 45mph off-highway riding. On the highway milage does drop for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.