RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.galferusa.com/

galfer is a company that makes steel braided brake lines and some other products for motorcycles. steel braided lines flex less and give more braking power and better feel. galfer offers two different kits for the zr-7:

FK003D256 is the part number for a two line kit. this runs two separate lines from the master cylinder, one to each front caliper. this is like the holeshot kit.

FK003D256R is the part number for a three line kit that is similar to the OEM style installation.

i spoke to someone at galfer and asked about the difference between the kits. they told me that no one in racing runs three lines but they offer the kit for owners who do not want to change the setup. performance is comparable for both.

one really nice thing is that you can get your lines in colors! from the website;

COLORS:
Galfer Braided Brake Lines are available in these different colors:

Black, Blue, Red, Yellow, Pink, Smoke and clear. Samples of the colored cable can be send at no charge, just call us !
pretty neat! you can order these through local shops. the retail price for most two line kits at Cycle Gear in san marcos, ca is about $90. they didn't have the zr-7 kit in stock but said that galfer ususally gets them things in just a couple fo days.

scott :)

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Hey Scott, I wonder how well colors would match, say, blue lines on a blue ZR ? I put on the blue hand grips, and although they look good, the color doesn't match. With each "colored" item, there is a mismatch of color, unless it's painted to match, like the Rifle. So, after a couple of blue items, it takes on a hodge podge look. Not good.

I'm thinking, maybe the smoke color would work better. As far as changing the lines, I'm going to bleed mine first to see if I can bring some more life back into them.

Tony

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, free samples! only it's not painted. it's a plastic sheath over the lines that adds color and protects the bike from getting scratched by stainless steel. even the uncolored lines have a clear sheath.

i know what you mean tony, they never all quite match. i think a few things close enough looks good though. just my opinion :)

scott :)

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
I know, but it's just that I think after a few different shades, it starts to look messy. The color lines are very cool, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts