RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't seen the clock mount on Jarels' bike, you gotta see it. But, Jarel, does it viberate very much? What gage material did you use and how did you attach it? I've been wanting to do something similar, but wasn't sure how I wanted to go about it. I wanna mount the grip heater switch, clock and probably an accessory power plug for other up coming projects (I have a few I'm thinking about).

·
The Commander
5,021 Posts
I just used a piece of scrap sheet metal and some double-sided adhesive tape to mount the Formotion clock to the space between the Speedo and Tach on my 2000. It doesn't vibrate at all, since the gauge cluster is on a floating mount. I need to get the bracket painted black, but haven't done it yet.

Here's a link to the pic if anyone's interested:

http://www.zr-7.com/Images/jjbike2001_10_21a.jpg

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone's interested in building up their dash for switches, gauges, dancing hoola girls, etc., let me know and I'll take some pics. before I finish. Also. if you're going to do the rear fender mod, don't throw the piece of fender away, that's what I used and it's works great.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't forget the VCR. There may be a NASCAR race you don't wanna miss!

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The way things are going, I'm not sure that I care about the next NASCAR event.....Gordon's got it in the bag. Tom :(

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today was a good race. "Wild Bill" made it interesting at the end and Dodge was 1st & 3rd. I'm not a Mopar fan, but it was something different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts