RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to travel a lot on my motorcycle due to my job. I had a helmet before, but somebody stole it last week, I am planning to buy a new helmet. I have seen some of the Full Face Helmets, but I am confused between Scorpion R420 and HJC 70 ST, I found both amusing, but still, I have to buy one. So can anyone give me some personal experience of it? Which is better?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have the R420 with the stars and stripes pattern. I love it. It feels lighter than my old Scorpion EXO400 I replaced. I used to wear HJC helmets when I first started riding, but the Scorpions fit my head better. Assuming they have similar specs, go with the one that fits best.

·
Super Moderator
2,375 Posts
I have to travel a lot on my motorcycle due to my job. I had a helmet before, but somebody stole it last week, I am planning to buy a new helmet. I have seen some of the Full Face Helmets, but I am confused between Scorpion R420 and HJC 70 ST, I found both amusing, but still, I have to buy one. So can anyone give me some personal experience of it? Which is better?
Welcome on board. I don't know where you live, but if it gets hot there, think about a modular helmet. They have all the benefits of a full face, but when sitting in traffic on a hot day, you can lift the chin-piece for a bit of fresh air.

Reactions: AJson

·
Registered
552 Posts
I love Scorpion helmets. I have 2 and still use both (one is 9 years old the other about 4). The value is great. The internal foam/pads hold up great, visor works well and the weight and noise levels are really good. I also have a super expensive Schubert ($650plus) modular and except for the quick ratchet strap I see no improvement. As a mater of fact its way heavier and does not ventilate well at all. You can't beat a quality helmet that only costs ~$150 either. I also had an HJC and Icon and both started to fall apart on the glued rim rubber trims and such.

Really the bottom line is the fit for your shaped head though. I really wanted a Shoei, Klim and an Arai once but none fit my head properly. And as Ozninjagay said a modular is nice in hot (or cold) weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts