RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any comments about Full Bore tires. I was thinking about trying a set of these to see how they work. Any comments positive or negative are appreciated. I mostly ride to commute from home to work about 120 miles a day. I need very good wear from a tire. I have Battleax BT-21 tires on my Z1000 now and I'm happy with the wear just not the handling performance.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Full Bore is the same as Shinko etc.

Honestly, I've heard both good and bad about them. A lot of people will say don't run them as they aren't a name brand tire and the rubber compound that they use is not of a good quality and that they don't last long. Other's I've heard say they work fine and that they got decent life out of them.

I know the good deals on them are enticing, but I think I would stick with a name brand tire at the end of the day as you can't go wrong and it's more peace of mind.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've heard the same... good and bad. If your looking for handling and mileage out if a tire I'd suggest the Conti Road Attack. I get 9-10 thousand miles out of a set per summer commuting to work with them. And I can drag pegs/knees carving up the mountains with them as well. Great tire at a good price!!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I tried a Full Bore rear tire one time when I needed a rear tire and had no money. It lasted decently, but that is about all I could say good about them. Riding in the rain is ok as long as you don't want to turn, and one time on a damp road doing a quick lane change coming off an on ramp onto the interstate it almost high sided me (the only tire to attempt to do that on that part of the road). So it is a budget tire, but I agree with ballsdeepracing, the Road Attack is a good tire, and so are the Pirelli Angel ST's

·
Registered
68 Posts
Personally I wouldn't risk a cheap tire on something that can very easily injure you. It's not even that the tire compound may not be the best (if you know it's not super grippy you can adjust your riding style accordingly), it's that the QA seems to be lacking and I've seen people get some messed up tires.

I'll stick with the big names personally.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I've heard the same... good and bad. If your looking for handling and mileage out if a tire I'd suggest the Conti Road Attack. I get 9-10 thousand miles out of a set per summer commuting to work with them. And I can drag pegs/knees carving up the mountains with them as well. Great tire at a good price!!!
2nd that

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the info all. I think I'll probably try the Conti's then. I've heard others say they are a good tire. It's a shame, I own a house not far from the dragon and I have never ridden it being stuck in Virginia at the coast.lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
Shinko's if you are on a budget and ride on the street. If you plan on ever going to the track or doing some serious carving, you should get a soft compound tire. The only way to get the best of both worlds is to get a dual compound tire, and shinko doesn't have on right now that I know of... and dual compounds aren't cheap!

But if you are wanting just the mileage, shinko makes some decent tires. Check out the Shinko Ravens or the Apex Radials. Good stuff there (mileage, price, performance).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts