Votes: 34 73.9%
  • Cobra, Dobec, other

Votes: 8 17.4%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what other people are running if anything.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Really no need at all to use FS with new pipes only.

Did I mention I take every available moment to be a besserwisser? :ithank:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Not surprised to see the dynojet commander rules!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes, but it's because of the aftermarket intake not so much because of the pipes. IMHO, a fuel controller on a stock bike would be a good idea.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was convinced that I needed PC because I installed a set up cobra strippers....

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hey whats going on Fellow mean streakers. New to the forum. I just picked up my 02 mean streak a few days ago. Ive been reading that if you add pipes and/or and intake you have to add FC or you could be doing damage to the bike. My MS currently has Vance and Hines straight shots on it and I would like to add an intake but I dont know If I should get a FC first. what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Gotchya just breezed through it the first time and I asked my question because it seemed like you guys were saying you dont really need on but it definitely helps. I just want to make sure Im not going to damage my bike without a FC if I have the pipes and intake untill I can save up some pennies for a FC.

·
Banned
330 Posts
I just want to make sure Im not going to damage my bike without a FC if I have the pipes and intake untill I can save up some pennies for a FC.
If you're doing this in steps, you definitely want a "FC" when you install the intake. Intake without a "FC" is not good. Many people start with pipes. For just pipes you don't really need a "FC". Pipes are a visible, audible, "cool" thing. The "FC" is invisible but makes your bike run better while most Meanstreak pipes don't.

·
Registered
926 Posts
cool so next performance mod is going to be a FC. still contemplating which route to go first, performance mods or cosmetic hmmmmm. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts