RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an exhaust coming from fuel, for my 01 ZR7S, and was wondering what jets I need to get as well as how to/ much I need to shim the needles in my carbs. I forgot to write down the stock jet size last time I took them out. I'm in Colorado btw.

Thanks, in advance, for any help!

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
Impossible to answer without knowing what model exhaust AND what other mods have been made.....if any.

Hopefully the people who sold you the pipes can give you some guidance.

I'd be tempted to bolt them on and see how it runs first.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Living in Ft. Collins, if I were you I'd just leave everything as per factory and put a new set of spark plugs in and see how it runs. Where did you purchase it from ? Ebay ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fort Collins as well! That's exactly what I am doing now! The website is Fuel Exhausts. I got the pipe on last night, and so far it seems like it is running a little fat right no we. I'll check plugs after a week of riding.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
If your running the stock airbox & filter along with the stock jetting and doing just the slip-on muffler, I doubt you will affect anything except the tone of exhaust sound and possibly hear a little more "popping" on deceleration. These bikes were lean from factory, especially the idle mixtures. They can benefit from the addition of more air in conjunction with a jet kit tho.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Looking at the can, its nothing out of the ordinary, so jetting should be the same as any other can

1 - 9 of 9 Posts