RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I may be really wrong, but I almost failed my motorcycle skills test because I didn't know where my fuel shutoff switch was.
I thought that fuel injection kinda did away with the need for that. Turn off the power and boom, no fuel.
:wtf:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
So I may be really wrong, but I almost failed my motorcycle skills test because I didn't know where my fuel shutoff switch was.
I thought that fuel injection kinda did away with the need for that. Turn off the power and boom, no fuel.
:wtf:
It's the petcock right inline with your ECU

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
huh a petcock on a fuel injected bike?
Yea, if you have a PCIII it goes in between it and the ECU :bud:

BTW I am messing around

·
Registered
111 Posts
lol i thought so I have worked in the motorcycle world (Harley and Kawasaki) for 6 years and never seen a FI bike with a petcock. You did make me scratch my head though

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Fuel shut off switch... that would be the key, right?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i thought i was going nuts. i have a decent knowledge of cars but the bike thing is new.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Older carberated bikes will have a petcock between the tank and carbs that you can have in the on/off/reserve position. I am guessing this is what he was talking about. It is usually to the right or left side of the bike under the gas tank.

FI bikes really don't so far as I know. I have had the gas tank off of the Z a few times and use vise grips as a fuel shut off switch to pinch the hose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts