RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just need some info from the brain trust. I installed a Leo Vince LV exhaust on the Bandit and removed the decibel eater. Sounds great, but she's backfiring on deceleration. So I took the Bandit 1250 to a local bike shop where they installed a Power Commander. It is still backfiring a little bit. But today, after riding 40-50 miles (10 at highway speed), the FI light came on... Now the bike still ran and didn't seem to be in distress... Think its a Power Commander issue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
FI light

I have an 07 Bandit 1250 with Yoshi exhaust, db killer removed and PC3. I ride mine pretty much around town. I took it on a 30 mile ride the other day and the same thing happened to me. pulled off the road, shut it off and was on my way no problem. the light never came back on. I think it has some thing to do with the PC3. You might call PC and ask them. Mine never backfires. You may need some map adjustments.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you have to block off the par valve on the top of valve cover ...or plug the hose....there is a lot of info on maximum suzuki forum.....this valve allows air to be put into the exhaust and......backfire w/ loud exhaust pipe....also check out Dale walkers hole shot perfomance....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a 2008 Bandit 1250 Saturday and it did the same thing. It has a host of Holeshot parts on it, and I think a 17t front sprocket. Cruising on the interstate between 70 and 76 the light came on and stayed on untill I got home. Turned the ignition off, turned it back on, started and light was off. Sent an e-mail to Dale at Holeshot and he stated it is not a problem and will not affect performance. He says it only happens when you stay at 4000-4600 rpm steady for an extended period of time. He also said that when he gets back from vacation he will have a permanent fix for this :cool:.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
There's a couple things going on. The popping is from the pair valve. Your map may or may not be correct; after you plug the valve you should pull a plug and see how it looks. If it still pops after you plug the valve its either running rich or you have an exhaust leak. The only real right way to verify the AFR is with a dyno run that data logs.

Also with the PC3 it throws off the stock air fuel ratio and it will cause the FI light to go on because it's reading an AFR that's out of spec from what it thinks is "normal". You should be able to call Dale and get something that plugs into the sensor and gives off the right signal. Although it doesn't hurt to ride with the light on it personally bothers me because then you won't know if there's another problem going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts