RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
DESTROy said:
Or worse I really full tank could fill up the EVAP cannister. I know lots of people that fill their bikes while sitting on them and lots of people who have smelled a lot like gas after filling their bike while sitting on them.

DESTRO

Ahh good point...My wifes bike has smelled of gas a few times after filling and she likes to sit on it straight up and fill it....

(man after reading this it just does not sound right)... :~

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fuel milage

The best I have done is 151 miles. I road over 40 miles with the light on. Quite tramatic to say the least. When I stopped for gas in King City California it didn't take 4 gallons. I may try to go further but it will be in town. We will see.

John

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
fuel gauge ???

Wow !!!
I can't beleive my silly question about adding a fuel gauge would generate so much response. I love this place !!!!!! :sweat:

·
Registered
256 Posts
motodrummer said:
Ahh good point...My wifes bike has smelled of gas a few times after filling and she likes to sit on it straight up and fill it....

(man after reading this it just does not sound right)... :~

It may not sound right, but it does sound intriguing...or revolting...or erotic...I can't seem to make up my mind.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bet the 4+ gallon capacity of the tank is before the fuel pump is added. And as for the light as they are used in cars is there for to maintain a level of fluid to cool the fuel pump, more of a (we would like you to keep the fuel above this level to help prolong the life of your fuel pump) then a (you will be walking if this light remains lit for more then 20 miles).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Afternoon everyone

Just got myself a 2008 Mean Streak here is Sunny Brisbane Australia.

Did anyone ever work out how to get a Fuel gauge fitted?
I'm ok with setting the trip meter, just prefer a gauge.

Cheers
Donna

21 - 27 of 27 Posts