RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding home from work earlier, not flogging it or anything and once I got on my street, the bike started acting like it was running out of gas. It was cutting out on what i believe was one cylinder. It would do it no matter the RPM and throttle position. Even when idling it will drop the rpms real quick and then come right back up. There is no pattern to it, sometimes going 5-10 seconds before stuttering, other times going longer or shorter. The only thing I can think of is that recently she has developed a bit of a rattle under the tank. Im thinking this might have something to do with it. Possibly a coil coming apart? As well, I do have a PC3. Is it possible that it is malfunctioning? What are the symptoms?

Bike is a 2003 z1000 with roughly 19,600 miles on it. I know she needs a valve adjustment and that will be done within the next couple of weeks. Other than that, she had her plugs changed and oil about 1000 miles ago.

Any help on where to look would be helpful. As well, assuming its a coil, any ideas for online sources of parts with fast delivery?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Sphinx

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I have heard others complain of the PC3 failing on them and doing such. Pull it and see if it fixes it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
wrong sub-forum though

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Yes it is, Crazy. Mods, want to move this to the right forum, please?

·
Registered
76 Posts
you gotta start with the simplest items first don't go straight to level 10 worst case scenario......first possibilty contaminated fuel (moisture or other issues) ... drain and refill from another source... plug fouled or faulty and beyond that escelate the level of seriousness....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts