RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale:

One set of black Powermadd Star-Series Hand guards

Includes mounting kit, and hand guard extensions (NIB)

I used to pop these on and off the bike in about 10 minutes, so they're easy to install/remove. I really only used them in the colder weather, or for trips, etc. I otherwise left them off.

To see what they look like on the bike, there are several pictures in the thread linked below:

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=58495&highlight=deals+gap

$50 Shipped with Canada and the lower 48.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just wondering, where do these bolt onto? I have been looking for something to extend the season as it seems like no matter how thick the gloves, my hands are still freezing. I know I could get heated gloves, but I think this would be a much better solution for what I am looking for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wondering, where do these bolt onto? I have been looking for something to extend the season as it seems like no matter how thick the gloves, my hands are still freezing...
Yessir, I know the feeling well....my hands were always cold, no matter what....all I wanted to do was get a little more time out of the season...lol.

I would just loosen the lever clamps and slide them over enough to fit the handgaurd clamps in there. I ran them in the spring for a while, then would again late in the fall. They were pretty easy to install and uninstall...I didn't want them to be permanent....I liked them, but not THAT much...lol.

I should note, I also have Oxford Heaterz heated grips, and Firstgear Cold Weather gloves (They're insulated on the back, but thinner in the palms, specifically for use with heated grips.) I will never ever go without heated grips again....it is, and will be, the first mod on any bike from here on out...lol. I love them. I dunno whats up with my hands...poor circulation perhaps....or maybe I'm just a fukkin' sissy, I dunno, but I like to keep my hands warm.

Between the guards, the grips, and the gloves, I was golden, in almost any temperature.

PS: I did try a pair of Gerbing heated gloves one time. They worked fine, but the wires were all over the goddamn place and were driving me nuts, and they weren't waterproof, so I ditched them. I think, as far as heated gear is concerned....go with a tight fitted heated vest, and heated grips....the only thing that'll stop you after that is 2 feet of snow...hahaha.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well the installation seems easy enough. I think I am going to have to look into the heated gear as I keep hearing great things about from everyone that has a set.

Thanks for the quick response!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
last question, did you have to buy a mounting kit too when you got these or do them come with something to mount them. I did a quick search online and they dont tell you if it is the just the guards or if it comes with a set of mounting hardware...sneaky online retailers

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
last question, did you have to buy a mounting kit too when you got these or do them come with something to mount them. I did a quick search online and they dont tell you if it is the just the guards or if it comes with a set of mounting hardware...sneaky online retailers
Check the lower left corner of this page:

http://www.powermadd.com/products/starserieshandguard.html

You'll see the mounting kits...

Mine was the ATV/Motorcycle kit I believe....it's for the star Series guards, just FYI. And yes, I had to buy it separately.

·
Registered
162 Posts
DUDE These things work a treat!!!! Mounted them up last night for this mornings commute. It was 38 deg F when I left the house and I have about 20 miles of 85 mph interstate work in the middle of a 45 minute commute. I could actually feel my fingers when I got to work. I should have bought a set of these two years ago when I first started thinking about them. Heated grips are next for the Z, I've got had them on other bikes but have just been dragging my feet to get them for this one, gotta do it now!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DUDE These things work a treat!!!! Mounted them up last night for this mornings commute.!
Glad you liked them man, I thought they worked pretty slick too!

Heated grips, are by far, the most important, and useful, mod I have ever done...lol. They'll be going on EVERY bike I ever own...lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts