RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale:

Akrapovic Stainless Steel "Race" 4-1 full system, with Hexagonal Titanium Can. The 4-1 header is for the 2003-2006 Z1000, and the Hex can was ordered separately (From the 07/08 Z1000 full system)

The down pipes have turned a little brown, but the mid-pipe and muffler still have the SS shine. I have cleaned up all the parts, but I haven't gone as far as polishing anything just yet. I'm told that "Stainless Steel Pickling Paste" will bring the shine back to the down pipes, but I haven't tried it yet.

The whole thing is in excellent condition, and I still have the original box the muffler came in, with the foam packing.

Here are a couple pictures of what it looked like on my 06 Z1000. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Cheers,

Asking $600 (Shipping included to the lower 48)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,454 Posts
If I was riding more, and didn't just spend a mess of money on photo gear, I'd be all over this. This was the exhaust I wanted.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh,...

And in case you don't notice, the Akro hanger bracket has been powder coated satin black (Same as my rearsets), just FYI.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I was riding more, and didn't just spend a mess of money on photo gear, I'd be all over this. This was the exhaust I wanted.
Yeah, I hear ya man...I had seen it on RickZ1k's Z1000 on here a couple years ago...it was still orange back then...lol, and I had to have it. Well, I already had the full system, but I sold my oval carbon can and then ordered the ti hex from the 07/08 Akra. I think it looks fantastic on the first gen Z's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
*SOLD*

Off to a new home in the "Show Me" State!
I am already kicking myself :buttkick: jk, glad you sold it, I figured it would go quick

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone turned the 4-1 header into a 4-2. Ive got the 2 akro oval cans that i want to feed more juice too :D

·
Registered
985 Posts
Like this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah ive got those pipes expat, with the stock headers. I want to upgrade the headers to something less restrictive, but it seems that Akrapovic didnt make them for 4 to 2.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't know if anyone made a 4-2 header other than the stock one. I did some research looking for headers recently and didn't come up with much.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For the 2010 model, theres is 4-2 header. Its the same as the 4-1 except with a different mid pipe. Was hoping there was something similar for Gen 1. Maybe custom is the way to go.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Gotta go custom 'cause no other years fit the '03-'06 (meaning later models of the Z1000) engine block. It was originally based on the ZX-9R Ninja.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yup, nothing for the 1st gen that I ever found! :dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts