RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 es650r dies out after 10-15mins riding.i got new battery, changed plugs,cleaned air filter, drained tank and put new fuel. Test run failed.still doin the same thing. Any advice?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ever since I got it, f1 light comes on at higher rpms until I stop and turn it off then goes away

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It dies and then when I try to restart it acts like the battery is dead now I cannot restart it Hanover without a jump start.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kawasaki makes weak charging systems. This sounds like a voltage regulator or rectifier issue. Is it possible that the battery is not charging and the recharging system is not sufficient? You can easily check the output of the charging system with a multimeter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will check with a multimeter and advise. Appreciate you

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check to make certain output voltage is high enough to charge and also verify that the battery is good and able to hold a charge. Something as simple as a bad battery can wreak havoc on the electrical system.. ask me how I know 🤦

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Need to recheck the charging system. My multimeter may be broke. Bought new one and will check again. Was advised to xheck/replace stator....any thoughts?

·
Administrator
2,643 Posts
Need to recheck the charging system. My multimeter may be broke. Bought new one and will check again. Was advised to xheck/replace stator....any thoughts?
Check both the R/R and Stator using the multimeter. Plenty of vids on Youtube on how to do it and what readings to look for.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If still not fixed. Had same problem with my 2013 650. Replaced stator. Purchased from rm stator on amazon( cheaper and faster than kawasaki) kawasaki was going to charge me more and was going to wait 3 months for part. replaced gasket while at it.
this might help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts