RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the left and right side rotors and if so how to tell.

I need to replace mine at 50k and found an almost new front but only one. Breaker says they are non-sided but suppliers seem to list a seperate part number for left and right so would like to identify this one so I know which other to purchase or look out for.

My guess would be that the only difference could be something to do with the direction of the hole pattern to assist water clearing.

many thanks
Les

·
Registered
324 Posts
i wouldnt say that there is any difference iv replaced mine with EBC before and the both look exactly the same but i would ask the manufacturer or a bike shop guy just to be sure
are they the original rotors or replacement ones

·
Registered
986 Posts
Just checked the parts microfiche and both discs have the same part number, therefore they are identical.

The only time that there would be a difference would be if you were looking at 'petal' or 'wavy' discs.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Les,
Having re-read your original post I get the idea that you want to get the single disc from the breaker's and then buy a pattern disc for the other side. Correct?

I wouldn't recommend this route, as the pattern discs will almost certainly be made of a (slightly) different grade of steel.
This will result in the two discs having a different friction coefficient and will work at different rates.
It would be like fitting two different grades of brake pads, one on each disc.

It is always recommended that you swap pads out in full sets, so the same should apply to the discs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts