RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have ~14k on the brakes and the front is squealing. probably need to be replaced. any decent aftermarket brands? or a site where i can find the oem for a decent price cause partzilla.com has the front at $65 a piece and the back at $55. thanks!

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Its well worth looking at the discs, and rotors before replacing. If you will take a picture that shows the pads, I can help you decide if they are worn.

If the pads have worn out and its metal contact on the rotors, they may be too far gone. You can turn these like a car....

But, lets decide if what you ahve is bad. Sometimes a dirty surface will squeak, but no problems otherwise.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
On my Nissan Sentra, the brake pads itself has a small metal squealing thingy which rubs the outer rim of the brake discs whenever the pads are thin. When the small metal squealing thingy does make contact (rub), it squeals. It alerts the driver to replace the pads, saves the discs too. :)

But alas, no small metal squealing thingy on our bikes. We do have T-CLOCS. lol

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Just buy my calipers for less money. I can measure them for you but I am positive they are well above minimum spec as per service manual. For a much lower price you get pads and a spare set of calipers. They cam off the bike when it only had ~8k miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts