RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend just picked up his new bike that he has been waiting for for months.
here is the email message and pic i received from him:

"I'm now the proud father Of 382 Pound baby! My new
yamaha showed up. I'm so happy I just thought I would
share this moment with you all!! Chris"

i think it is a sweet looking bike for the rocket enthusiast :)
he put 10.7 miles on it on saturday before it snowed on sunday up here in MN.

josh

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
He sounds like a proud papa!

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
I'm drooling over my laptop as I type this....

Mmmmm.... R1.......Arrrrrrgggh.....

Emrah

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
When I went to go pick up my EX250 a couple weeks ago, the dealership had just got in a supply of new Yamaha's, just one of which was the new R1. I was there as they were unloading it from the truck. The bike never even made it into the showroom-- some guy out in the parking lot bought it right on the spot. It had already been assembled by a neighboring dealership, but it had never been ridden or in a showroom.

These things are selling quick. And with good reason-- it's one of the best looking sportbikes ever produced, especially in that silver.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No Fair!!!!! That's the exact bike I want!!!!! You can't put pictures of bikes like that on here and tease us like that! I've been drooling over that bike on the web site for a couple of months now, but it's just not right to see it in front of someone elses house like that! That's it. I'm riding hubbies FZ1 to work tomorrow.

·
3,610 Posts
Hopefully it doesn't turn into the "Yuppie Bike". I believe the current Yuppie Bike around here has to be Honda CBR929 especially the yellow one. Can't ride an hour without seeing at least one.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Seen in person

The 2002 R1 is the sweetest looking Rocket there is. I saw them (Silver, Blue & Red) in person as they were rolling them off the truck at my local dealership. The come standard with a Titanium pipe and LED Brake light (looks soooo sweet). I got to sit on it and it's just to much of a rocket to be comfortable for long rides or commuting . . I wouldn't mind taking it to the track though ;)

After sitting on it I was happy to hope back on my FZ-1 :~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts