RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read the review of the honda 919 and noticed that one of the available accessories are frame sliders. these are the big nylon cylinders you may see protruding through the body work of many sport bikes. they're made to sacrifice themselves in a slide to prevent damage to the frame, swingarm and the body work. i've seen them on lots of sport bikes but never on a naked bike

i don't really like the look of engine guards but a nice set of black plastic frame sliders might be more to my liking. a little less conspicuous. does anyone know if these can be bought for generic applications? has anyone actually mounted these to their 7? anyone seen some on a naked bike before?

thanks all :)

scott

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeez andy, you didn't even add streamers or anything ;)

darn europeans! they get all the cool toys first!

well aris, what say you? where did you get them? are they aluminum or plastic? generic or designed especially for the bike?

thanks andy :)

scott

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
The problem is we don't have a perimeter frame like the sports bikes to bolt the things into. I had a look at it but can't find anywhere practical.

Rather than buy "genuine" frame sliders for $100 you could always buy skateboard wheels at less than half the price.

:)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hi guys,

I got mine from Germany and I had to wait a few days as this firm had only 3 employees and the were hand made. They are measured to fit the ZR7 exactly as the right cover is much larger than the left.
I got them from Hein-Gericke and they cost approx 60-70$, but when I went back to them to order some for my friend's Hornet 600 they said they couldn't get any more :(
I can't be sure that they will protect the engine covers, but they look really nice!
I had some mormal engine guards on my bike before, but the right one broke when th ebike fell to the right with the Albanian driver incident last year :mad:
There are many firms producing frame sliders: try www.metisse.de , they produce some nice ones but they don't list any for the ZR7. LSL also make some nice ones but they don't list them for the ZR7. It should be easy to fabricate an extension in order to use the ones by www.metisse.de

Hey Andy, you have really good memory! I only posted this picture once in jarel's site, but it seems you don't miis a thing.
That explains your trivia skills ;)

Aris

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info aris :)

titomike, you have a point. does the honda 919 have a perimeter frame? i was thinking of using engine mounting points like aris did.

if i use skateboard wheels what durometer shoud i go for ? ;)

scott

·
Registered
17 Posts
www.b-g-racing.de makes those for zr-7.

I just ordered aluminum ones "Sturzpads Racing Alu".

I actually ordered them from www.polo-motorrad.de to save in
postage fees, I also ordered progressive fork springs.
The price is the same 74 Euros (approx 67 $) plus postage in both stores.

I haven't received them yet, but you can check
http://bandit2.fuss.net/bgracing/

to see how they look on a bandit.

Grendel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts