RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get some frame sliders.. no looking to cut my plastics... are there any other sliders out there for the 650r's that would fit on another bike.. thanks fellas

·
Registered
543 Posts
Not really... the 650 has a very distinct Tubular Frame Construction that is not found on many other motorcycles in it's class. Most sliders for this bike have been specifically designed and machined to fit the 650R.

what year of 650 do you have?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
im looking to get some frame sliders.. no looking to cut my plastics... are there any other sliders out there for the 650r's that would fit on another bike.. thanks fellas
Why do you want to try to get sliders for another bike that will work on yours when you could just get no cut sliders designed for your bike?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Anything for the 650R, ER-6N, or ER-6F of the same model years should be interchangeable.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I guess I never really looked into it but have thought about buying frame sliders over the winter for my bike before next riding season but are there frame sliders out there for the 650R that do require you to cut into the plastic? I'm pretty new to bikes and have only had mine for about 7 months now.. noob

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'll put it this way...

My 06 has seen the ground 3 times. (None of which were my fault) the sliders TOTALLY SAVED ME from having to spend tons of money on my plastics/side-cases/Bars/PrettyMuchEveryThingElseThatCouldHavePossiblyHitTheGround.

Can NOT stress enough how much of a benefit the 140ish Bucks were in the long run. :agree:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was wondering which sliders you would recommended for someone who is just looking for extra protection in the event of a crash. I probably wont be taking it to the track and i know some sliders stick out farther than others (possibly causing less scratching to fairings?) Im open to both no-cut or ones where you have to cut, just looking for the best deal and protection because i have heard from multiple places that the R&G no cuts will bend or snap or something like that and actually cut into the fairings

1 - 12 of 12 Posts