RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm looking at frame sliders and I like the ninja650shop sliders but I heard there's some California emission-control box that gets in the way. Has anybody successfully put these models on a CA '09 bike? Also, I saw a thread that said a lot of people have problems installing these sliders, such as the screw holes are filled with paint. Have these problems been fixed?

Also, do the sliders completely protect the fairing? What about the woodcraft, or R&G sliders? Do they fit the CA '09 model? protect the fairings? easy installation?

any advice would be great. thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went with the R&Gs. The 650 Shop no-cut sliders weren't around when I bought mine. They were an easy install. You just have to drill holes in your fairings for the bolts using a pointed marking tool that's provided with the sliders. They held up well and protected my fairings in a very low speed drop. Thankfully, I haven't tested them at high speeds.

I have no knowledge of how well any of these work with a CA model bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 09 CA model and I was able to put the no cut frame sliders with no problem (I did it myself in a couple of hours even though all I can do to the bike is change the oil). I heard about the problems about the painted over screw holes but luckily I didn't run into this problem (Maybe depends on the batch of bikes you got?). But as for the CA emission-control box, I didn't even notice it when I put them on (It was a while a go though, so I don't remember every step that I did).

I just recently got hit by a car while spliting lanes and the slider took the impact. I didn't fall and I haven't seen any damage to the fairings, I just need to replace the puck on the left side (should of did it already but keep forgetting getting to call the dudes at the 650 shop) which is about $30 to replace.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Where is the best (as in cheapest) place to buy the no drill sliders?

·
Registered
615 Posts
get the drill sliders. They are better IMO. I got LSL sliders for my 06. They bolt into the frame where the motor mounts too. Wayy more sturdy, wont snap off as easy, plus they are rounded so when the bike does slide there is less of a chance of the peg catching the ground and causing more damage.

I had to drill 2 holes in my faring and that took some nerve. I got it on the first try with no guide, I just looked where it matched up at and drilled away. so If you get a guide it'll be a piece of cake. The guys at my local shop said i did a great job drilling so If I can do it, you can too

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey, I'm looking at frame sliders and I like the ninja650shop sliders but I heard there's some California emission-control box that gets in the way. Has anybody successfully put these models on a CA '09 bike? Also, I saw a thread that said a lot of people have problems installing these sliders, such as the screw holes are filled with paint. Have these problems been fixed?

Also, do the sliders completely protect the fairing? What about the woodcraft, or R&G sliders? Do they fit the CA '09 model? protect the fairings? easy installation?

any advice would be great. thanks
Contact Tony at AsiainConnection. He has really good sliders that are no cut. Check it out.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Contact Tony at AsiainConnection. He has really good sliders that are no cut. Check it out.
Yep, got mine on order now, just waiting for them to arrive!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yep, got mine on order now, just waiting for them to arrive!
Yeah, got mine about a month ago. Good sliders, and look great on the bike. I got the blue ones.

·
Registered
699 Posts
They do look neat don't they! Mine are just the standard silver ones, I just hope they arrive soon. I'm assuming you fitted yours while repairing and painting your bike, so I won't ask if it was a difficult fit!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
They do look neat don't they! Mine are just the standard silver ones, I just hope they arrive soon. I'm assuming you fitted yours while repairing and painting your bike, so I won't ask if it was a difficult fit!!
Dude, they were very easy to install. Took like 10 minutes tops.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got mine from Tony as well.. installed them last night.. super easy to install and look great!

·
Registered
164 Posts
The R&G sliders for the ER-6n won't fit on a CA emissions model without some serious grinding of the slider mount. I had a California model ER-6n and spent over an hour with my grinder cutting a "slot" into the left side mount bracket so it would fit over this stupid bracket welded to the frame right where it needed to go. This bracket held the vapor canister and other related items. It was a complete PITA.

Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
wow justluck, thanks for the post those look great, I think i'll go with those for sure. But I have one question.. will those protect the entire fairing in a drop? They look kind of short, does any part of the fairing touch the ground on its side?

also I see that you have handles for the passenger seat. whered you get those?

also, does anybody have the LSL crash pads? How are they? Protect the fairing? ez installation?

edit: I can't find those frame sliders on ebay. I checked asianconnection71's listings. Where can I buy them?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts