RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been holding out on frame sliders for a while because i didnt really know what kind I wanted to get (cut or no cut), and so i finally decided that I would go with the sliders you had to cut your fairings for due to the fact that i am planning to take some honeycomb sheet metal and put it on the inside of the cowling over the holes, giving it a sort of mesh grill look which i think would look pretty cool. The only threads i seem to find are ones about NO-Cut sliders, so my question would be, what are some good brands of 650r sliders that you have to cut and won't take away from the look of the bike?

·
Banned
679 Posts
so my question would be, what are some good brands of 650r sliders that you have to cut and won't take away from the look of the bike?
woodcraft, r & g. both are found on the 650rshop website

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have r&g ones. You dont see the holes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I put the R&Gs on mine. I like the shape (not round) and the R&G insignia cap on the end. They are pricey though and to be truthful, I think the bike looks better without them. But once you drill the hole you're committed.

Oh, and I got mine from Jen at ninja650rshop.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2007, will those sliders work or is the frame different on the 2009?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How come the sliders don't install on the same place on both sides. In comparing the pics on the ninja650shop website, the right side slider is lower than the left

·
Registered
540 Posts
How come the sliders don't install on the same place on both sides. In comparing the pics on the ninja650shop website, the right side slider is lower than the left
because those are the only places to attach them?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does ninja650shop carry the anodized red ones? I only see the silver and black ones so that might be a stupid question.... but i've done most of my shopping through them before and would like to continue to do so

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
My opinion is that unless you are using the nylon pucks when buying Woodcraft, the best frame slider is LSL .

Woodcraft uses a solid puck, which is going to transfer full energy in a crash.
LSL uses a solid puck with a replaceable slider .

·
Registered
543 Posts
Does ninja650shop carry the anodized red ones? I only see the silver and black ones so that might be a stupid question.... but i've done most of my shopping through them before and would like to continue to do so
Don't have them listed, as we tend not to sell a lot of metal ones(they tend to "grip" and "Flip" the bike in a slide, instead of wear down like the black ones) ...that being said I CAN get them, no problem, Give us a call!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gary, I was wondering about the LSL's with the Catalyst fairings. I'd definitely buy a set, but I'm a little apprehensive because it seems the Catalyst bodywork is a bit wider than stock (might be just me though), so is it possible that they might not extend out from the fairing properly?

IMO the LSL's are definitely way better looking too :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i like the look of the lsl's but the woodcrafts stick out farther... so in a low speed crash maybe some more of the fairings will be saved, looks like my best bet is to just buy the black ones and paint them accordingly

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
No doubt the Woodcraft's stick out further. My point is about colored pucks.
Like Brett said, the metal ones grind and and stick, where plastic or nylon
slide.
Not sure about how much wider the Catalyst bodywork is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts