RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
to Streak07,
if I read that correct, those settings are for various junctions along the exhaust, not the "headbolts".......that is the setting I'm seeking. I believe my manual specifies 12 ft lbs....I'm just comparing notes because I'd love to see where these other ( 14 lbs, 18 lbs) numbers come from.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah the manual is clear as mud
Inlet manifold bolts 12ft lbs on Cyl. Head

Its a stud yet this calls it a bolt. I just do snug, ride for a day, then snug it again. Bing bang boom. Don't overthink it or your head will hurt, drink whiskey instead.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
This is the only page of torque specs in the manual where the exhaust is mentioned.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369844528.002728.jpg
Compare this to the instruction pages:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369845812.349095.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369845963.792898.jpg
In the instructions, it refers to the nuts where the pipes join the engine as "exhaust pipe holder nuts". I don't see that on the torque spec sheet. I can guess one of several options they list. But feel free to look closely at the information on all three pages and make your own conclusion. Me? I just cinch 'em down tight. They don't leak or work themselves loose.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks guys, with the accumulated knowledge, and resourcefulness here....we could field an Indy racecar team. We might come in last....but we have a ball doin it !

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I'm merely a nut and not a nut holder so I wouldn't follow any spec that tells me I must be one. And I'll be a part of any team that lets me be in 'Merica with green grass under my feet and a cold beer in my hands.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm merely a nut and not a nut holder so I wouldn't follow any spec that tells me I must be one. And I'll be a part of any team that lets me be in 'Merica with green grass under my feet and a cold beer in my hands.
So when you say your location is "The Sandbox" I assume you're talking about the Middle East right?

·
Registered
299 Posts
What?! I always loved it over there!!! Sand, funky smells, not being able to see any part of a woman's body...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah..... I sure miss those days.....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Just like the last time I revived this dead thread... I need this part number tomorrow. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Luckily I still have the unfinished project sitting in my garage.

Attachments

41 - 52 of 52 Posts