RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
At the risk of taking the topic title to heart, is there a place to find forum help? Windows has a help icon and all the features, answers, etc under it. Seems like there are too many levels to find forum help.

I tried for seems like hours to change my member image, a 22kb file, and it was always rejected. In one location, it said that perhaps the administrator had not given me the privilege to upload a member image, but not suggestion on how to contact the administrator.

I was trying to upload a photo to a post, and in one of the support forums it says to go to "this button" only to find that "this button" isn't on this page. I stumbled across a photo uploader that popped up, but didn't know how to find it the next time.

Even I think this sounds whiny. Appreciate any helpful direction.

·
Registered
334 Posts
At the risk of taking the topic title to heart, is there a place to find forum help? Windows has a help icon and all the features, answers, etc under it. Seems like there are too many levels to find forum help.

I tried for seems like hours to change my member image, a 22kb file, and it was always rejected. In one location, it said that perhaps the administrator had not given me the privilege to upload a member image, but not suggestion on how to contact the administrator.

I was trying to upload a photo to a post, and in one of the support forums it says to go to "this button" only to find that "this button" isn't on this page. I stumbled across a photo uploader that popped up, but didn't know how to find it the next time.

I don't know for sure here, but many forums I've used won't give you 'full access' until you've been registered for some period of time (a day, a week?), maybe a moderator has to approve your account first to ensure it's not a spam account. Sometimes you have to have X posts to the forum before you can post pictures etc. Again, I'm not sure of the specifics here, but there might be some limitations until you've 'been around' a while?

·
Registered
133 Posts
That could be. I've been lurking these pages for 2 years, but you never know. I understand some of the software was updated. Maybe it reset my "clock."

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
It's likely you won't hear back from a mod....about anything. Please try to explain exactly what your having trouble with and I'll look at it later.

·
Registered
347 Posts

The avatar picture took me a few tries and on the last one it still said it was invalid, but still uploaded my photo. So it seems like it could be a little buggy, but it will work eventually.

To post an image, upload your photo to something like imgur, then copy the url and insert the url like this
or click the insert image button near the smiley icons.

You could also resize your image in imgur and see if it helps with your avatar.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thank you both.
Now how do I thank you so that it counts on your Thanked: count?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Click "Like". Yeah, it doesn't any sense make.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Okay, limited success, managed to put a photo in my signature. I think I'll declare this SUCCESSFUL :ignore:and move on.
Thank you for the help.

I thought there was a kindly old computer geek who ran the forum for his love of my motorcycle and my thoughts. So many disappointments, I must need to go for a ride.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Okay, limited success, managed to put a photo in my signature. I think I'll declare this SUCCESSFUL :ignore:and move on.
Thank you for the help.

I thought there was a kindly old computer geek who ran the forum for his love of my motorcycle and my thoughts. So many disappointments, I must need to go for a ride.
I had to minimize the size of my photos down, somewhere it tells you the maximum size you are allowed. Also, are you unchecking the little box in the download pic window?

·
Banned
2,525 Posts
I haven't been able to get on since last year.
That's really weird. When you tried to load this site did you get anything? any messages? I know once in a while I might get a database error or something, but usually the next time I try to visit agian whatever was going on was over.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
That's really weird. When you tried to load this site did you get anything? any messages? I know once in a while I might get a database error or something, but usually the next time I try to visit agian whatever was going on was over.
No it was nothing, like blank page nothing. I tried searching for links and everything it was crazy. My stuff did get compromised back during the hack that VS (owners) tried to play off as "no big deal". Major pain! Pm me if you want details.

·
Administrator
66 Posts
The hack happened before this site was sold to them, so I doubt that's your issue. I'm here every single day, and have never had a problem logging in, other than the aforementioned occasional database errors.

From what you describe, are you, by chance, using a mobile device...i.e. iPhone or Android? There have been reports of a blank page loading under those circumstances. If so, try clicking out of the mobile version and into the desktop version. I'm not sure how to do that with an iPhone, but in Android, click the 3 vertical dots at the top right, then check "Request Desktop Site" in the dropdown. And if that's the problem, please report it here...we may have to disable the mobile view until it can be fixed.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
The hack happened before this site was sold to them, so I doubt that's your issue. I'm here every single day, and have never had a problem logging in, other than the aforementioned occasional database errors.

From what you describe, are you, by chance, using a mobile device...i.e. iPhone or Android? There have been reports of a blank page loading under those circumstances. If so, try clicking out of the mobile version and into the desktop version. I'm not sure how to do that with an iPhone, but in Android, click the 3 vertical dots at the top right, then check "Request Desktop Site" in the dropdown. And if that's the problem, please report it here...we may have to disable the mobile view until it can be fixed.
I don't know when they bought it but it was last year when my info was compromised and I was only a member of two forums both owned by VS, right before VS put a banner at the top that said they had been hacked. Couldn't have gotten my info anywhere else because no one else had it.

Yes it was blank screen and on an iPhone, I always use the full site version. It would blank screen whenever I searched. Sometimes I could find links and when I clicked on them it would just blank screen. It's the only Internet I have so I wasn't able to try other methods to search.

·
Administrator
66 Posts
Chances are, you were already a member on some site owned by VS. I've been on several for a decade or more, before I even know who VS was! And yes, one of those accounts was hacked. But none of the sites that were previously owned by Forum Foundry (which includes this one) were in any way affected. The thread you refer to, and the password resets that came with it, were just systemic safeguards going forward. At the time of the hack, these sites were on FF's servers, not VS's. Just for info purposes.

A ticket with IT was opened a week or so ago. They're looking for a solution, and we'll report back once one is found. Hang in there.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had a similar issue as above. My PC would load the page just fine, but when I used my mobile (Andoid) it would sit there loading or show a blank screen for a couple months. It was only last week that I was able to start using my mobile again. I just assumed it was an update to the forum that was going on in that time.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts