RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Commander
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Hope you're all enjoying the new forum upgrades and changes we've made this year, we're on a latest version of the forum software now and it's hosted on a much faster server than in years past, as well as being free of almost all SPAM now! We're positioned to continue supporting the growth of the forum into the future. Hard to believe we're over 10 years old now!!!

You may have noticed a new "Donate" button at the top of the forums. We decided that we'd ask for a little support from the members of the forum to help cover the increased costs of keeping this place running on the new platform. We've kept the place free of virtually all advertising, including no Google header and sidebar ads, no context ads in the middle of posts, etc. that almost all other forums have caved in to over the years. We don't need a lot, just a couple of bucks here and there from a percentage of the membership will be enough to keep it rolling. If you've enjoyed hanging out here over the years, and you can spare a buck or two, please consider donating to the cause. Any support we received will be greatly appreciated! And if you have none to spare right now, don't sweat it. :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
We do have mobile support using Tapatalk, it's a great app for mobile users. I think it's only like 2 bucks, well worth it!
Yea, I've seen that.. they only have a beta version for blackberry though, and I can't get it to work for some reason.. hopefully there is a fix soon, but I'd be happier with just a mobile version of the site, no app required.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,139 Posts
Where is the button, I don't see it.
Click on the "Riderforums" header at the top of the page or "Forum" to take you to the main index page of the forum and it is near the top left. Big yellow button that says "Donate".

·
Registered
970 Posts
question... y is it that since the update i'm never logged in? everyday i hafta log in, it never remembers me...
Probably so you will view the ads. Looks like they sold out to ForumFoundry, who has come in and plastered ads all over the site. Hope the moderators were informed beforehand, before they continue to contribute their time/efforts while some new third party profits from it.

Have fun :2cents:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Come on!
The advertisement bar at the top is to close to the "current page" links, I'm on my phone and it's to easy to accidentally hit the ad while trying to navigate (may be the point, but I shouldn't be tricked into clicking). Please put some more space between it!

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,139 Posts
Come on!
The advertisement bar at the top is to close to the "current page" links, I'm on my phone and it's to easy to accidentally hit the ad while trying to navigate (may be the point, but I shouldn't be tricked into clicking). Please put some more space between it!
We moderators cant change any of that. More than likely no one can except those who created the program. You could try contacting an administrators, but I cant even find that button any more. Trying to look at or look up anything on a phone pretty much sucks as far as I'm concerned. Things just don't work as well as they do on a computer. Yes I'm kinda old and definitely low tech.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Come on!
Sounds like a personal problem; it's never an issue for me. I tried tapatalk for awhile, but I got tired of it for some reason. I like the feel of the real site, even if it is 10x smaller than the laptop.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
We moderators cant change any of that. More than likely no one can except those who created the program. You could try contacting an administrators, but I cant even find that button any more. Trying to look at or look up anything on a phone pretty much sucks as far as I'm concerned. Things just don't work as well as they do on a computer. Yes I'm kinda old and definitely low tech.
Okay, thanks for listening! I can deal, it's just frustrating.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Ok so I was going to make a thread in the General section but decided to put it here. Here goes:

At the risk of getting banned, I wanted to say why did a moderator step in and close this thread : http://www.riderforums.com/general-ninja-650r/84252-help-looking-first-bike-good-deal-2.html ?

I understand where he is coming from but why close it? You can take the time to close a thread but not take the time to make your forum better and easier to use by your members? So many times a moderator could have done something for the forum's members, yet of all the times one steps in, its because of a bunch of members bickering? The members here deserve better than that. So many great posts and write ups that could have been stickied by a mod, yet none were. And then, (as in any internet forum) a bunch of members argue amongst each other ( I may have been part of that thread where he mentions people were bickering) and someone actually did something? Serious? Im not trying to tell you how to run your forum, but seriously, if you actually have moderators in here, at least get them to clean the forum up a bit.

I feel I do my fair share of informative posts, and if this reply pisses anyone off and gets me banned, I am ok with that, the people that have PM'd me back and forth probably have my cell and or email by now and if they had questions, I would be more than willing to still share info. But for the sake of a better forum, get your moderators to be more proactive where it matters, not just squashing very minor bickering.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Some proactiveness would be nice! I know you guys have a lot on your plate with the entirety of the forum, but multiple members ask for things to improve the forum, specifically this one, it would be nice to have a little freshness! Stickies or a special section would be nice so we could have easy access to certain information or links to pertinent information. This forum has more potential than where we are. I will say, I love the community in general, that's why I'm a supporting member, it's just missing some TLC.

I will agree with Kojiiro about closing the thread. I know we get carried away and get off track, but to say, "you guys are ruining another thread" and then close it with a threat, well now the thread is really ruined and beyond repair. Sometimes a simple warning would be nice. We are going to argue some, if we didn't then there would be a lot of misinformation if we just agreed all of the time.

JonF, I'm not calling you out, it's not solely your responsability to be the director of affairs, but it would be nice if we felt like we were heard other than when we are stirring around in a thread.

Thanks
Chris~

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I will add that I recognize the fact that I have a tendency to overeact to misinformation. It is something that I have a low tolerance for...especially when it's done to further someone's personal agenda...as I believe it was in the case of the aforementioned thread.

That said...I have full respect the mods, and would happily respond by editing and/or deleting any offending comments with the mere mention of a warning...either publicly or through a PM. No reason to close a thread on my behalf...and I apologize to all involved for the fact that it was.

Darrel

1 - 20 of 39 Posts