RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it work with led bulbs? And is there any particular brand out there that's better than the other? Im looking to buy one but Im not sure which one.
Thanks.
Chris

·
Registered
105 Posts
run-turn-brake

Will it work with led bulbs? And is there any particular brand out there that's better than the other? Im looking to buy one but Im not sure which one.
Thanks.
Chris
I have the kuryakyn 4615 plug and play with all leds on my 2007 ms and it works great. Comes with everything including load module to slow the blinking rate back to normal when replacing reg. bulbs with the leds.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the kuryakyn 4615 plug and play with all leds on my 2007 ms and it works great. Comes with everything including load module to slow the blinking rate back to normal when replacing reg. bulbs with the leds.
The website I saw called for the 4607 on a mean streak. Is there a different one for led?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. Did a little more research and it appears as if the 4607 is the triple whammy and includes new bulbs and/or turn signal lenses. The 4615 is just the modulator and I would need to get my own lenses and bulbs which I planned on anyway. One last question...are you using the 1157's in the signal housings now instead of the 1156?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
OK. Did a little more research and it appears as if the 4607 is the triple whammy and includes new bulbs and/or turn signal lenses. The 4615 is just the modulator and I would need to get my own lenses and bulbs which I planned on anyway. One last question...are you using the 1157's in the signal housings now instead of the 1156?
no you have to still use the 1156 single pole...the wammy will convert to a dual..

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if the 1156 bulbs are LED? I read on another forum where some guy was saying that an LED bulb wouldn't work because they are either on or off. They don't get dim with less "juice" like an incandescent.
Chris

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Even if the 1156 bulbs are LED? I read on another forum where some guy was saying that an LED bulb wouldn't work because they are either on or off. They don't get dim with less "juice" like an incandescent.
Chris
I think you have to use the 1156 because the tail lights are wired for them,just as the front directionals are wired for 1157,duals.
Im not sure about the LEDS,I didnt use those,I didnt think they were any brighter than the standards..
Incidentially,I bought the tripple whammy that came with the clear lenses and red bulbs,I changed out to red lenses with the clear bulbs...much brighter.IMO...

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think you have to use the 1156 because the tail lights are wired for them,just as the front directionals are wired for 1157,duals.
Im not sure about the LEDS,I didnt use those,I didnt think they were any brighter than the standards..
Incidentially,I bought the tripple whammy that came with the clear lenses and red bulbs,I changed out to red lenses with the clear bulbs...much brighter.IMO...
You use the same model bulbs (1157 or 1157) just as the original stock ones. I bought the LED versions of these bulbs on ebay and used the Kuryakyn resistors to keep the flash normal. I love the triple whammy...and did go with the red bulbs and clear lenses in the rear.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
You use the same model bulbs (1157 or 1157) just as the original stock ones. I bought the LED versions of these bulbs on ebay and used the Kuryakyn resistors to keep the flash normal. I love the triple whammy...and did go with the red bulbs and clear lenses in the rear.
stock turn bulbs in rear are 1156
brake light is 1157
front turns 1157

1 - 10 of 10 Posts