RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving back to the States soon, and after ten years of riding 125-150cc scooters for my transportation, I'm definitely interested in getting a bike when I get back home. Love driving on two wheels. I know that what I have been driving here in Saigon are very small in comparison. I've never driven a medium/big bike. The Honda rebel 500 looks very promising. HD 883 is probably the bike that fits the look I like, but looks a little big. Any other ideas or just general knowledge about what I should probably be looking for. TIA.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
So do you have any interest in Kawasaki motorcycles, which is the emphasis of this particular forum? Sounds like sky's the limit for you right now; lots of choices out there. If you've never ridden a bike on US streets before, then you should probably start with a safety course. After that, choice of ride is only limited by your preference and budget. Good luck.

·
Registered
853 Posts
As always DF is correct, get the MSF training first and start smaller and something used so you can make the mistakes that will come. The less plastic body panels the better for insurance and such. Also invest in good protective gear first. To survive the crazyness of the traffic in Saigon takes some serious skills so you should be already aware of your basic needs. Good luck !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So do you have any interest in Kawasaki motorcycles, which is the emphasis of this particular forum? Sounds like sky's the limit for you right now; lots of choices out there. If you've never ridden a bike on US streets before, then you should probably start with a safety course. After that, choice of ride is only limited by your preference and budget. Good luck.
Yeah. I'll definitely look into a course. I just realized this forum was specifically catering to Kawasaki bikes. Do they offer lower CC crusier models. Vulcan looks nice, but also looks big.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts