RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I helped out the #34 Craftsman Truck team driven by Eric Jones (a friend of mine from my last job at the stock car school The Racing Experience) this weekend in Fontana (California Speedway).

Well, first our air guns were ****. They had no air pressure (actually, nitrogen pressure) for to put the lugs on right, and we had to pit under green a couple of times. That ****ed us. Then, we had a vibration and really slowed down. Turns out we broke the locker in the rear end. That's ok, because the motor was about to blow anyway. 280 degrees on oil is too high...

I got to pick the tires that came off the truck and pull them back over the pit wall as the tire changer rolled them to me. Pretty neat. Don't know if you saw it or anything, but that whole incident with Sprague and Scott Riggs was right in front of our pits.

I think we ended up finishing 28 or something. Not great, but when you consider that even making the race was pretty damned impressive, I can't complain. We're talking David and Goliath here...

Well, I hope I got at least a nanosecond of T.V. time.

Later,

Emrah

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
NASCAR fan...

Hey Emrah, thanks for sharing the experience man. Tom
Oh BTW, I didn't make it to "The Rock" today and Mark Martin had yet another bad finish, arrggghhh. :( :( :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts