RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I seeked advice and downloaded the searchable PDF instructions. Nicest thing about this modification was that I didn't have to purchase any special tools or parts. I just borrowed a caliper from work and used the tools from the bike's tool kit.

With the SM bars, I was able to lower the front forks 17 mm, which is 0.669xxx inches. Just about 2/3rd's of an inch. Not too bad for a free mod.

To be honest, I can't really tell much of a difference in the bike's maneuverability. I'm not an aggressive rider at all and there is really no way to quantify any change. It's just a matter of opinion.

What I do notice, since I tend to sit more upright, is that my wrist's are not really bothering me any longer. Maybe it's just me I'm 6'1'' and have long arms.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If your forks were flush with the top clamp then you really only lowered it by 7mm. I haven't yet heard of any dealer setting up a 650 properly, which acording to the manual is with the tops of the forks 10mm above the top clamp. The change was very noticeable for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts