RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put an extension on the front guard to help keep the pipes and front of the motor clean but I can't find anyone locally (in Australia) who sells them.
Can anyone recommend an accessory dealer who will ship to Australia?
You guys in USA, UK,Europe are lucky to have so much choice in aftermarket parts and accessories. Kawasaki Australia are next to useless for accessories and for bikes that sell in small numbers down here there is stuff all available from other suppliers.
Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
A friend of mine put one on his BMW and I think he may have gotten it at the dealer.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Go to the home page, click on accessories and go to the bottom. There's an extender there that looks kinda cool.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Australian distributor is Solo Motorcycle Imports in Blacktown, Sydney NSW. They sell the Pyramid Plastics stuff.

I ordered one - total cost was about $55 AUD inc .delivery to Brisbane.

By the way, the front mudguard / fender is exactly the same as that used on the GPz1100 from about '95 onwards.

Jenny

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here's a picture of the fender extender straight out of the packet.

I removed the tacky looking 'Kawasaki' sticker. Washed the mudguard. Put the extension up to it to check the fit then peeled the back off the doubled sided tape and stuck it on. I then drilled two small holes on the outersides and put in some pop rivets to safe guard aginst the thing vibrating off.

The finished result looks quite neat and adds about 15cm (6") to the bottom of the guard. I'll post a pic of that when I get a chance.

Jenny

·
Registered
374 Posts
To quote 'South Park', 'Dude, that looks ***!'. Maybe Butters would run that thing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cowman,

I don't really care about what OTHER people think it looks like. I think it looks good and it keeps all the gunk off the front of that nice air-cooled motor.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Jenny said:
Cowman,

I don't really care about what OTHER people think it looks like. I think it looks good and it keeps all the gunk off the front of that nice air-cooled motor.
Hear hear, besides since its coloured black it isn't so noticeable.
I didn't have the courage to drill the fender so I just stuck the thing on. Seems to have held on well.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Nut'n wrong with that. Functional and it fits the fender contour just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts